Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

jamelhart17
Returning Member

Change my direct deposit

My refund was accepted. And u need to change my direct deposit

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

Unfortunately, you will not be able to change your direct deposit information after filing your return. 

The best way to track your refund through the IRS website Where's My Refund?.     

Please see below.  

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
dmtucker2019
Returning Member

Change my direct deposit

I have filed my taxes and IRS has accepted it. But I just fought out the card that I put as direct deposit is no good. so I need to change the information to have refund to another card. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

If you have already e-filed or mailed in your return, you are not able to make any changes to your refund options. If your financial institution rejects the deposit, the government will mail your refund check. 
Please see the FAQ: What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? for additional information.

Change my direct deposit

After my refund is returned for wrong back acct info & then I make corrections to resubmit. How much longer will it take for the irs to receive my corrected (direct deposit info changed) income tax refund documents? 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

@mdeanda214 If the bank rejects the deposit, the IRS will then just mail you a paper refund check to the address on your tax return.  You are only able to correct your direct deposit information if your tax return was rejected in the initial filing. Please see the FAQ: What if I entered the wrong bank account for direct deposit? for additional information.

Change my direct deposit

MY RETRUN HAS BEEN ACCEPTED I SAW I PUT CHECKING INSTEAD OF SAVINGS ON DIRECT DEPOSIT. HOW CAN I CHANGE IT

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

@DEVINDON00 Is your savings account still active and your bank will not reject your refund?

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit.

The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-if-i-entered-the-wrong-bank-account-for-direct-d...

Change my direct deposit

IRS accepted my return twice first time was when they opened their system. 2nd time was after the PACT act release. Now it’s a waiting game. Yes we have a active saving acct. My bank said in person it’s up to the back office. So keep an eye out for it. Savings has both our names on it. Our second acct has my name on it & my son. The first acct has our name on it. The it’s was filed w/ both our names. LoL. I have kept in touch w/ my bank through customer service because I don’t want them to send it back. 

ap309952

Change my direct deposit

My direct deposit wouodbt go threw today how can i fix it 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

@ap309952 Have you checked to make sure that you entered in the correct account information for direct deposit? You can check by following the instructions below: 

1. Open your return if it's not already open.
  2. On the Tax Home screen with the amount of your refund and status, scroll down and select Add a State (don't worry, we're not adding a state) to access your tax forms and worksheets.
  3. In the left menu, select Tax Tools then Print Center.
  4. On the TurboTax Print Center screen, select Print, save or preview this year's return.
  5. On the next TurboTax Print Center screen, select 2019 federal returns and Include Government and TurboTax Worksheets (optional), then select View or Print Forms.
  6. The information will be on the first page, Electronic Filing Instructions for your 2019 Federal Tax Return next to Balance Due/Refund."

After you've ensured that your direct deposit information is correct, you can try reaching out to your bank to see why your refund was not deposited. Also, be sure to track your refund updates on the "Where's My Refund?" tool. 

Change my direct deposit

I want put tax money in my card

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

If you have already submitted your return, you cannot change the method in which you chose to receive your direct deposit. 

If you are inquiring about something different, please provide us with further details so we can assist you further. 

Change my direct deposit

After my tax return has been completed & direct deposit into my bank acct with no issues. Can I change the bank info now? 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Change my direct deposit

@mdeanda214

Are you stating you already received your refund? If you have already received your refund you won't be able to change your bank account information in TurboTax.

Please see the answer above from MichelleLO for more information about your bank account direct deposit information once you have filed. You won't be able to change the bank account if your tax return has been accepted, if the account is closed or invalid the IRS will mail you a refund check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies