turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Misty10

Can I get my TurboTax prepaid card number before I receive it in the mail?

This is in a reply to Kaitlynn0808. Finally! Someone with an answer. Yes this did work. Thank you so much. I used it instantly to pay a bill online. FYI they removed your email. 

I was accepted for the advance, when I call it says it was loaded on the the card that’s on its way to me, however online and on the app it has a 0 balance every single time I call it they will me that I have to wait to get my physical card this is completely not acceptable. You say you’ll give a temporary card but really don’t. 

camillio88
Returning Member

Mine reflects that the money is there, however the temp card info was declined when I tried to use it online.

I called and waited for 20-30 mins for a representative, only for them to tell me they're having technical issues and they don't know when it will be resolved.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Did you request a refund advance or did you just request to have your refund loaded to a Turbo Prepaid Card?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
camillio88
Returning Member

I was approved for the advance, and my app is showing me the money is there, but my temp card info is declined online every time, and all I was told on the phone was that there was a technical issue, and they have no idea when it will be fixed.

Alholland

It’s false advertisement then because you guys specifically state in the agreement that we can get that 16 digit card number via your website so I suspect you’ll be getting some lawsuits regard to this because you specifically state that you can make online purchases because we you will give us the copy of the card and that’s ridiculous that is not

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If you applied for a refund advance and were approved, one hour after the return is accepted, you should get the temporary card information via email (please check your Inbox/Junk/Spam folder) which then has to be set up with an online account. Forty-eight hours after acceptance, your advance money will be available on the virtual card.  For more information, please click here. If you did not apply for a refund advance, but applied for the Turbo Prepaid Card, then you will not get a temporary card, as there will be no funds on the card until the IRS accepts, approves, and deposits your refund. You should get your card within 5-10 business days after filing. 

i have already set up my account and it shows my balance and still can’t use the temporary card. I spoke with the rep. He said turbo is having tech difficulties and to wait for hour and still not able use it. 

Nluck4

I havr an online account and a temporary card #. But every transaction is being declined. Why, help!? Ive called the card number I'm on hold forever, and the last yesterday wouldn't help me and actually hung up on me!! This is ridiculous. 

camillio88
Returning Member

My temporary card info is still declining online, despite the funds showing they're in the account. 

Still the same song and dance when I call the number I've been directed to call; "technical issues, check back tomorrow."

I am seeing a lot of other people experiencing the same issue, yet some are not.

I'm wondering what this "technical issue" is exactly, and when it will be fixed.

There are a lot of people unable to access their advance, and we are getting no answers whatsoever.

The fact that customers are being hung up on, and not provided any information other than "technical issues," is absurd.

One of the representatives even told me (when I specifically asked) yesterday that people had been able to use their advance funds up until yesterday (1/28), and that yesterday was the first day there had been any issues.

This forum reflects otherwise, and today is the second day I've personally had the advance funds in my account, along with the temp card info, and am still not able to make online purchases of any kind.

As customers, we deserve at least an explanation...

I was able to acess my info for the card numbers after finish setting up with4 digit social ,my phone died and now it wont allow me to log back in it keeps saying invalid pw. and wheni click on forgot password it wants all the card info ?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@mobryant1993 Please call toll-free at (888) 285-4169 for assistance with this issue.

This is getting frustrating. I received my advance deposit yesterday, but the temporary card isn't working, so I called to speak with a representative. I was on hold for twenty three minutes only to have the call dropped. I called today and waited for eighteen minutes and just like I experienced yesterday, the call dropped. I'm holding again and it's been twelve minutes so far. Is there another way to get this verified? 

the temp card info they are giving people isnt working for pretty much everyone. you have to call the company and tell them it isnt working they will send out your personalized card and expedite it so you get it in 1 business day.

Okay. Thank you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies