Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

klsamples

Auto Debit

Is there any way to have this taken out at a later date? April 17th would be much better for me. My rent comes out of my 4/3 paycheck & I'm on a very tight budget. My husband is disabled so I'm the only one working 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

26 Replies

Auto Debit

Just so your aware, cause I'm pretty upset that this want mentioned in an email I received a week before my auto debit. My auto debit was scheduled for the 27th of March, recieved final reminder on the Monday. In the emails it says you can have your auto debit delayed, so I call them Thurdays, they tell me they can't stop it, I should have called Tuesday. I will never again use TT. Between the claims it's free, which it's not and now this, after 10 years of b.s......goid bye

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Auto Debit

@klsamples

Yes, you will be unable to change your payment date in TurboTax once you filed your return and it has been accepted but you can cancel it and then make other payment arrangements with the IRS. 

Federal Tax direct debit payments like tax return payments can be canceled up to 48 hours (midnight, Eastern time) before the date you designated the funds to be debited. To cancel your direct debit transaction, call (888) 353-4537

Please see this for more information: https://www.irs.gov/payments/pay-taxes-by-electronic-funds-withdrawal#errors

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Auto Debit

With the corona virus going on is it possible to delay the auto debit payment for the April 3rd due date?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Auto Debit

@Jtredskin84  Yes.  You cannot change the direct debit date in TurboTax; however, you can contact the IRS to cancel your direct payment and then pay your taxes at a later time.  Refer to the above response from @JeanneLO for additional information.

Auto Debit

He’s not talking about a payment to the IRS... he’s talking about the debit to TurboTax. There should be a plan in place to be able to work with us since a lot of us aren’t working . 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Auto Debit

To discuss this further, please contact our customer service agents over the phone by clicking here

F4c3m4n75

Auto Debit

As mentioned in a previous post, you'd be wasting your time calling that number to delay the auto debit UNLESS you call 48 hours before the scheduled date of the debit..

gdolores67
Returning Member

Auto Debit

I haven't received my taxes yet and I'm.not working right now cause of the covid-19. This business I'm working for is closed down due to the corona

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

Auto Debit

@gdolores67 The IRS is working diligently to get the stimulus payments together and once they have, they will continue processing and issuing refunds. Rest assured, if you're owed a refund, it is coming soon. 

Tash23

Auto Debit

The Turbo Tax professionals are not answering the question correctly and are frankly unhelpful. I suggest any users viewing this post to address this in the feedback. This is an incredibly important question that should have a straightforward answer, even if it is just a plain No. I would very much like a response I can use, and I know that several people are relying on accurate and useful information in these times.

Auto Debit

@Tash23 wrote:

The Turbo Tax professionals are not answering the question correctly and are frankly unhelpful. I suggest any users viewing this post to address this in the feedback. This is an incredibly important question that should have a straightforward answer, even if it is just a plain No. I would very much like a response I can use, and I know that several people are relying on accurate and useful information in these times.

This is a mashed up thread.  Do you have a specific issue that needs to be addressed?

Auto Debit

You are so right they wanna take money especially now during a pandemic when most of us have no money and not to mention I only used TT because it was supposed to be FREE FREE FREE. a bunch of BS 

Auto Debit

Since Turbo Tax  filed my taxes and I agreed to pay them $280 for doing so and they told me I would have a CPA on standby at all time, because I paid the   $280, shouldn't they investigate WHY I have not received my refund.  I thought that was why I paid the $280 so they would help me through all of this. Turbo Tax  should have to  wait for their  fee  just like I have to wait for my refund.

Roselzz55

Auto Debit

Before I get my check can u take out the money that I owe turbo pls 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies