Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

calabreb

Anyone know how to submit feedback to Intuit about a "feature?" My broker beat the download date by 2 weeks and there is no way around it except manual. Needs override!

Intuit needs to allow me to indicate I know the published date for importing BUT my broker has beat that date and I want to import NOW. Intuit is trying to be helpful but if I have to manually input this stuff, it kind of defeats the purpose of buying TurboTax.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Anyone know how to submit feedback to Intuit about a "feature?" My broker beat the download date by 2 weeks and there is no way around it except manual. Needs override!

Not sure what you mean by saying your broker has beaten the deadline for importing.   Quite often, the data is visible in your online account and you could even print it out from their website, but the data is not yet formatted for import into tax software.    What makes you believe your data is ready for importing into the software?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Yeah...Fidelity posted their PDF tax forms for many clients overnight on Friday-Saturday.

No, the specially-formatted tax files to import into software, those may take longer to be made available by the broker's software team.

No particular rush since the IRS isn't starting until 29 January...except for some test files.

I usually go ahead and enter the 1099-INT and 1099-DIV manually, since that is usually pretty simple....but the 1099-B/8949 transactions, I leave until they are ready. 

Double-check for importability every Friday.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
calabreb

What makes me believe my statement will be ready for importing prior to the date in TurboTax is that that my broker posted it on their site 2 weeks prior to the date in TurboTax. Yes, it's an assumption on my part that the data which is already posted an viewable won't take an additional 14 days to be reformatted into an importable format (since presumably it's the same format that has been used for years).

I think it is great that TurboTax tells me when to expect statements from each broker, but if I want to waste my time checking to see if it's available early, why stop me? Again, there should be an override available to allow me to try early.

You can always try.  You don't need to override anything.  If your broker has it ready it will import.  Otherwise just keep trying.  Check on the Broker's websites, maybe they say when the import files will be ready.  

calabreb

Unfortunately you can't always try. After entering my broker name, it tells me "No Documents Currently Available for Import" and gives me the list of dates when various doc types are expected. Below that it says "To type it in yourself,  select Continue." There is no option to enter my Package ID and Document ID which starts the import process.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies