Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
TomK
Expert Alumni

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

The review means that your return is pending because IRS is verifying information on your tax return (e.g., income items calculations, etc.).  They may just have randomly chosen your return to review; no need to worry.  They may contact you before processing your return. 

View solution in original post

189 Replies

Did you ever receive your return ??

The letter is a stall letter to delay it out there not actually processing anything there just not working on it and doing other things
lsabich

We received the first letter in March Saying it would be completed on May 2. March 20th I received the 2nd letter stating they need an additional 60 days. Is that the time from when the letter was posted?  It didn’t state a date on the second letter of when they would be finished. This is the first time we had issues. Have claimed the same for 5 yrs. Also,TurboTax went into my bank account and took the money out of what it was to file my return. How can they do that?  It was suppose to come out of my return. What if I didn’t have that money in my account?  It was $120 they took out without me knowing until I went in my account and seen. They should not be able to go into your account and take out the money when you choice to have it taken out of your return. They better not take it out of my return when I receive it, otherwise that will be a whole different issue.
m-stec

I also was supposed to have it deducted from refund. In same boat as you with 60
Day letter. Appears as tho it is a TT issue with IRS. They also took the money out of my bank account I was told the 3rd party billing they have in place to deduct from refund is only in place for 30 days to when return is accepted. Anything after that they cannot take from your refund when it is dispersed since it is late. Supposedly in fine print you authorized that when you asked for it to be deducted from return. That is what TT told me when I called. Never again will I use them, lesson learned. Didn’t even stand by there clients.  Clearly it’s in issue on their end it seems to be there software that caused this. Shame on them for not allowing people accurate time for it to be worked out.
m-stec

And with response to 60 days it’s date of the letter. Your looking at May 20 as I am June 15- I am thinking this will be like a Christmas club at this point. Good luck all

lsabich

Thank you!
lsabich

What is TT?
m-stec

Turbo Tax

I'm still waiting on my refund, I won't know anything until the 1st or 2nd week in May hopefully everything works out.
TomK
Expert Alumni

The review means that your return is pending because IRS is verifying information on your tax return (e.g., income items calculations, etc.).  They may just have randomly chosen your return to review; no need to worry.  They may contact you before processing your return. 

Filled mine in January and still being reviewed first time ever using turbo tax an it's taking longer then ever

I have been using turbotax for 11 years and this is the first time they have ever sent me this letter.

I just received my second notice as well saying it is going to need another 60 days.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies