turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

So you have received this letter prior to this year, or do you mean this is the second letter you have received this year?

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

March 11th they sent me a letter saying I was under review for 45 days then just 2 days later on the 13th they sent another letter out saying they needed 60 days. Like What changed in 2 days that now you need 60 days. At this point I don't even think I'll be receiving my taxes they probably keeping all our money for the wall

That’s strange. One of my family members told me his girlfriend had this happen to her in two different years. The first year I guess the lady who did hers messed up on the credits and the IRS adjusted it to where she ended up receiving $400 less than what she was originally getting back. Then the second time was when apparently the Russians had hacked into the IRS system and were doing a review and double checking everyones refund to make sure it wasn’t a fake Russian account???Something I wasn’t even aware of. I can’t imagine what could change in just two days.
If you don’t mind me asking(just to see if maybe it’s just certain people), what is your filing status? Do u also have EIC? I have EIC and my filed was H.O.H.(head of household).
Have you tried calling them and getting as much info as possible? I keep forgetting to call???

I called them before I recieved the letter and the lady told me it wont be issued until the 25th of this month then I got that letter idk if its becuz I called but kinda messed people that work hard and have to wait a lot longer then those who fake their taxes to get more back an the irs is to stupid to realise that

Yeah. My friend just told me she got her second letter today stating she won’t get hers til May 2nd. I also received my second letter but haven’t been home to open it yet. I will update when i find out. I’m really just curious as to why they are being delayed, honestly.???

So, my letter says they will be done reviewing my account on May 2nd. From then, they said I will receive either a refund check or another letter from them. Smh.

@lawrencesj07  I have called and they keep referring me back to the letter telling me to just wait. Actually the first time I called they said my refund was already processed but I just had to wait the 45 days but then the second letter came and she just told me at this time I have to wait that it's because of the path act and everybody has to go through it. I know that is a lie because plenty of people have received refunds. Also I have eic and hoh. This is just beyond me.

@paynek2013 the same thing with me except mines dated for May 12 I went to the irs building and the lady was acting so clueless all she kept saying is I’m not sure how this happened why are they doing this to you then told me just wait I should get it by the 60 days

Wow. Yeah once I read my second letter I figured there was no point in calling because it says there is nothing I can do at this time. So waiting until May is the only option.

This is just ridiculous.

I think it's funny they say you "should get it" by the 60 days because mine says I will either receive my refund OR another letter from them, so....
I may possibly not receive it, depending on what the issue is/was. But I will not be a happy customer if I don't receive it by then. I'm still hoping I will receive the full amount before then.

Funny haven't even got my taxes an turbo tax telling me I need to pay them now.. i will not pay until i get my taxes

Yeah, I got the same message. Lol.

Same thing I'm not paying TurboTax until I get my money. TurboTax I'm sure is punishing us for not doing the ultra Max Max Max filing and charging us outrageously for it. So everyone that got the additional 60 days does this mean 60 days on top of the 40 days so like 120 days? Or just 60 days total does anyone know?

For me, it’s really only 45 days because it says by May 2nd the review will be done. So, just the 60 days. If you got a second letter, look on the back. It will tell you the date the review would be finished and they will send u a refund check or another letter.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies