Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

Got my second letter saying they need an additional 60 days. My taxes were filed the same way they have been for the last 5 years.
Tammy1634
Returning Member

I got a letter from the irs saying they are gonna take 60 more days to review my return. What does this mean?

I got a letter stating my review would be over on April 18. Three days later I get another letter stating they need another 60 days to review. I’m very upset because when I call them they just say I need to wait for the review to end. But just keep checking Where’s My Refund for updates. Has anyone received their refund before the 45 days is up?

Dang, that is ridiculous. I haven’t received anything since my second letter. Have you googled to see if anyone else has the same situation as you? I cant possible imagine why they would need another 60days. This is just bullshit. Smh.

Hey guys, I received my 1st letter March 11th saying to wait 45 days and 2 days later Received the “Wait another 60 days” letter and still haven’t heard s#!t from them smh

Right now I think our only hope, and best luck, is just to wait the 45 or 60 days, whichever your notice listed for you.

Agreed, if i get any notice or refund wothin those days, I’ll make sure to come back here and let yall know. Good Luck!

I'm the same situation, I received a letter on March 18th saying they needed an additional 45 days to process my return then I received a letter 2days saying they an additional 60 days, I also filed EIC and I HOPE.... Confused...  And I also used Turbo Tax... I wish I understood what was going on

My husband and I filed January 28th, through TurboTax and was accepted the same night. Checked the IRS2go app and said processing..checked again at the end of February and it said “delayed processing” so I called them and the rude lady asked if I received a letter and I told her no..she said I would be receiving one in the mail so I asked her when it would be issued and she said March 11th. March 4th I received that letter saying they need 45 days to review my refund and that they had until April 25th to complete it. March 18th I received another letter saying they need an additional 60 days, so I called them again and this other rude lady tells me “they just need another 60 days to review your refund” and that it’s 60 days from the date posted on the letter which was March 14th..so now we are supposedly looking at May 13th for them to complete this review. I just called them again last week and this lady tells me it’s because my husband’s employer never sent in his copies..so I contacted him and he says that’s a lie, everything was sent to IRS aim January. Is it just me or is everyone that used TurboTax having this problem? I’m starting to get really irritated with the run arounds..these people just need to give me a straight answer.
keltibbs

Same issue.. I agree! I never had this issue with turbotax.. But it looks lole am issue with them.. And i wont be paying them until i get my refund.

Turbo tax wants to debit my account on the 12th even though the IRS said I have to wait until May 2 for either a refund or another letter. If they try to debit my account it will go negative. =(   I really hope they will give me more time to pay them. I tried getting a tax advocate to help speed up the process but I waited on hold until the end of the day and then they automated operator said they were closed and hung up.

I filled with H&R Block!!! My letter was dated March 8th so my 60th day will be May 6th!!! On this day I can either get a return or a letter!!! This is so frustrating. I have so much to pay for and I depend on my tax return each year!!!

Hi Sarah i have same issue this is Bradley Blake. Ill let u know if i get mine.

No, I haven't gotten mine yet. My 60 days would end on May 20th I guess. At first they said May 2nd, now it's May 20th.

I have the exact same issue as all above. Two letters same proposed "review" time. Filed EIC and HOH. I'm currently at my 49th day since my return was accepted and started "the process". My transcripts look "normal". I've never in all of the years filing my taxes had any issue. I'll keep hope for April refund and when that doesn't happen, I'll hope for middle of May refund and when that doesn't happen.... :'(
TT will be deducting my fee on the 12th of this month.
teia_ross

I originally filed my taxes feb 19  and didnt receive my 1st letter til april 1st and  4 days letter the 2nd one saying they need an addtl 60 days. what were they doing the 1st 30 days before i received my 1st letter ? that should count for something... This is money we've worked for and it should be just held up because of some program ... My question is it the entire 60 days or up to 60 days..
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies