Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Babishop

$1,300 is just gone.

I will never use Intuit again. I was supposed to get my state and federal direct deposited into my bank account. Apparently with my lesser state refund this was possible but for some reason my $1,300 Federal return just couldn't be deposited so they told me they issued a notice to the IRS issue me a paper check. I filed my taxes this February. I called Intuit and told them I still haven't got my return in July. Still nothing, its October. According to the IRS, they never sent anything like a request to issue me a check and this company is literally being investigated for this kind of thing. I'm posting here to warn everybody and in the hopes that Intuit will tell me exactly why after calling you six different times and asking you to give me my money that the IRS had to open an investigation on you guys. Going to tell everyone I know not to use them. Best case scenario you're just incompetent and lost a lot of my money, at worst you're a bunch of scam artists who are trying to take hard-working people's money. Either way this business is a joke.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

$1,300 is just gone.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

TurboTax does not receive any kind of tax refund, federal or state.

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information
On this page you can also scroll down and click on Submit a request

Or https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/

Call 1-877-908-7228

Babishop

$1,300 is just gone.

• Yeah, already tried all of that. You guys tried to blame this third party company many times before. It doesn't matter, they're your associate and we don't have the avenues to talk to them like you do. That's like hiring an employee to work at a fast food restaurant and you know they have bad hygiene and when everyone gets sick you blame it all on the employee. I have contacted absolutely everyone and all avenues just keep coming back to TurboTax.

$1,300 is just gone.

TurboTax gets no information whatsoever from the IRS after you file your tax return, nor can TurboTax help you with the IRS or intercede with the IRS on your behalf.   If something happened to your refund---then it is up to you to deal with the IRS.  TurboTax cannot legally help you with the IRS or request that the IRS issue a check to you, etc.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, then your problem might be with the third party bank that handles refund processing.   

What is Refund Processing Service?

If you used refund processing:

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/who-provides-pay-with-my-refund/00/26410

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

$1,300 is just gone.

I wonder how many times Intuit has to complain to the bank that Intuit did not get its fee because the customer's refund disappeared.

Something is fishy.

$1,300 is just gone.

@Babishop COOL YOUR JETS 

everyone on these boards are repsonding out of the goiodness of their hearts and trying to help.  No one that has responded works for Intuit or is compensated in any way ny Intuit 

if you want REAL HELP as the ranting gets you nowhere, tell us what this website states about your tax return: 

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

$1,300 is just gone.

@fanfare Since SBTG is owned by a Bank, I have always been amazed that the CFPB has not investigated Green Dot bank over these complaints.  This is a HUGE revenue source for Green Dot -

they make an incredible amount of money through out the industry - I think when I look at this a year or so ago, it was over $50mm of revenue - those $40 payments add up! 

Babishop

$1,300 is just gone.

I've talked to everyone involved in every step of this process. And no they may not directly work for Intuit, but they all have the same automated response that sounds like a bot. The IRS issued the money to TurboTax to get their fees out. Then they just never sent the money back. Even if this is their corresponding bank this is definitely something that they should probably be more invested in. When I did call Green Dot they told me there was suspicious activity on my account and they couldn't post my federal return. They IRS only approved the money they don't have any clue where it's at now and are actually having to do a trace. I'm not just pulling all this information out of my butt, an actual IRS tax auditor told me that TurboTax is being investigated because this happened so much this year that they still haven't even gotten to my case which is 8 months old. Everyone just keeps telling me if I just go and do the steps somehow I'll find my money. I wasn't here to ask for advice on how to fix it I'm here to warn everybody because I got My information directly from the IRS that this is super suspicious and I'm not the only one by far. Sorry if I seem a little pissy and there are innocent people here but these bots have been giving me the same answer about calling the IRS over and over. They even tell me that wants to go to the IRS they don't touch it. That's complete crap, then how do they get their fees? Even if another bank handles it it's still a bank through them.

P.S. The IRS states that my federal and state returned were accepted all the way back in March. They let TurboTax know this and the money disappeared from there. The lady that's handling my fraud case has tracked it back to them.

$1,300 is just gone.

you have to write a letter of complaint to BBB and your state Attorney General.

@Babishop 

$1,300 is just gone.

@Babishop have you submitted a tracer form the the US Treasury?  I suspect at this point, the IRS has washed its hands of the situation. 

if Greendot / SBTG states they returned the money to the IRS, this is the way to confirm the situation. 

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f3911.pdf

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies