Turbo Tax Deluxe State Efile Charging $25

Hello,

I subscribe to TurboTax Advantage and downloaded TurboTax 2018 when it became available.  I have completed my taxes, but when I tried to efile my state return, the one and only state return I have completed with TurboTax 2018, it wants me to pay $25 to efile my state return.  I thought this was supposed to be free???

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sorry... my point was NOT that TurboTax Advantage provided an e-file benefit.  My concern is more about I paid $70 for TurboTax  Deluxe and don't get a free state e-file.  Now I see TurboTax Deluxe comes with a free state download... state e-file is an additional cost... ugh!

3 Comments

There is no e-file benefit with Advantage

correct - and it's been that way for over 20 years! 

Frankly, I save myself the $20 and just print and mail the state return - there is no requirement to e-file