turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does a dependent wife has any right over the money received from filing taxes?What can she do if the husband isn't willing to give that money when married filing jointly?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Anita01

Does a dependent wife has any right over the money received from filing taxes?What can she do if the husband isn't willing to give that money when married filing jointly?

Your question is really about legal remedies for a spouse who filed a joint return without your consent, and for that, we have to refer you to a lawyer.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

A spouse is never a dependent.

If two spouses file a joint return, they must both sign that they agree to file jointly.

Can you explain your situation in more depth?

I guess he filed it jointly but without my signature! So could there be a way around for him without getting my signature?

Talk to a lawyer.

Ok thank you
Anita01

Your question is really about legal remedies for a spouse who filed a joint return without your consent, and for that, we have to refer you to a lawyer.

Could you refer me to one? I live in California

No.  If you are having marital problems, the matter of selecting an attorney is very personal.  Check with friends or relatives who might have used attorneys in the past.

Ok
Anita01

In most localities, there are free consultations offered with local attorneys through Legal Aid.  You might wan to start there.

Ok thank you
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies