turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

KQUAYENO

How can I clear and start my return over in the desktop version? Thanks in advance for the help.

How can I clear and start my return over in the desktop version? Thanks in advance for the help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Anita01

You wouldn't.  You would simply go to File in the upper left and click, then select Start New Return

Or did you start in the Online version?  You can move it to the Desktop program.  Or You can try to clear an online return  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526">https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4248526</a>

If you want to delete a Desktop return.  You can delete a tax return from within the TurboTax Windows Desktop Program on the very first screen after starting the program or go to File-Open. Click on the large square icon representing the file you wish to delete (avoid clicking the blue "Continue" button). Then just hit your delete key and answer the prompt.

OR Start the program and on the first page click the blue Find A Tax File link at the bottom of the box. Then in the list that pops up you can right click on the file and choose delete.

Or you can delete it from Windows.  The tax files end in .tax201y and should be in your Documents folder then in a Turbo Tax subfolder.

Or just start a new return, go to FILE - NEW and ignore the wrong one.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies