turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wooonet

I received 1099-INT from IRS telling me I have interest paid or credited, but I did not receive payment check or don't know where it is credited to. How do I find out?

Thanks to questions and answers from this community, I understand how to enter it into TurboTax. 

My question is, does this mean I somehow missed the check? Or if IRS may send out payment later after sending out this form, and when, in general experience? Also, if it is somehow credited to "my account" with IRS, then does TurboTax calculate "this credit" (the interest amount) against my tax, once I entered into the program?

In other words, how do I confirm or find out where did the interest payment go? Or if it is just a credit held at IRS, and how TurboTax handles this.

Thank you!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
LisaBr

I received 1099-INT from IRS telling me I have interest paid or credited, but I did not receive payment check or don't know where it is credited to. How do I find out?

You should have already received this money either by check or as a direct deposit to your bank account.  Of course, you would have had to give your bank information to the institution that issued the 1099-INT.

TurboTax will add this money reported on the 1099-INT as taxable income.  This is not calculated as a credit against your income anywhere.

Even if you have never actually received this money and it is being held at the IRS. (Maybe they sent you a check and it was returned to them), you are still taxed on the amount.

Call the IRS regarding this 1099-INT.  The following link will give you the phone numbers to call them:

https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

View solution in original post

3 Replies
LisaBr

You should have already received this money either by check or as a direct deposit to your bank account.  Of course, you would have had to give your bank information to the institution that issued the 1099-INT.

TurboTax will add this money reported on the 1099-INT as taxable income.  This is not calculated as a credit against your income anywhere.

Even if you have never actually received this money and it is being held at the IRS. (Maybe they sent you a check and it was returned to them), you are still taxed on the amount.

Call the IRS regarding this 1099-INT.  The following link will give you the phone numbers to call them:

https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance

wooonet

Thank you so much!
Kkdad123

So I have a question I received this paper to and my cat tore it up. I have the information because I called the IRS they gave me their amount but not their EIN number. Does anyone have the EIN number for the IRS? They told me they couldn’t send me another paper until May! So I either have to wait until May to file or just put it on there they have me the amount. It never gave me their EIN number, I was gonna call and wait for Monday but I have everything to file already. So if anyone has that info please let me know. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies