turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I had two different types of health insurance for 2016. One through the market place and one through my employer. I am not sure how to enter these separately on my taxes?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

I had two different types of health insurance for 2016. One through the market place and one through my employer. I am not sure how to enter these separately on my taxes?

You don't account for this separately.

You indicate that you had insurance all year on the first screen. You then say "Yes" to the question "Was anyone enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2016?" so that you can enter your 1095-A for the Obamacare.

You don't enter anything for non-Obamacare plans. The government only wants to know if you were insured. It does not request plan information, costs, etc- and there's no way to provide it. You don't list that you had job insurance or enter any documents for that portion of the year. The IRS only wants specific plan information when its Obamacare/ Marketplace insurance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

You don't account for this separately.

You indicate that you had insurance all year on the first screen. You then say "Yes" to the question "Was anyone enrolled in any of these less common plans in 2016?" so that you can enter your 1095-A for the Obamacare.

You don't enter anything for non-Obamacare plans. The government only wants to know if you were insured. It does not request plan information, costs, etc- and there's no way to provide it. You don't list that you had job insurance or enter any documents for that portion of the year. The IRS only wants specific plan information when its Obamacare/ Marketplace insurance.

Thank you so much! Very helpful!
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

You're welcome!

Thank you!!
ChristinaS
Expert Alumni

Sure thing:-)
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies