turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I have to pay for TurbTax Deluxe again after I've purchased a hard disc version?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

Do I have to pay for TurbTax Deluxe again after I've purchased a hard disc version?

Did you use Online TurboTax instead of using your installed software you purchased, or if it's a CD, do you not have a CD drive to install it?   Or did you end up in Online TurboTax by mistake?

We can tell you how you can download the *.tax2017 data file you already started online and finish it in the desktop software you have already purchased without starting over.

I bought the software from Office Depot a few hours prior to loading it on my Mac. I went to load the hard disc into my Mac but it did not meet the specs and stated that I needed to use the online service if I'm unable to upgrade to the specs. Do I have to pay again for the service is my question.

You may have to pay for both temporarily, depending on how you choose to resolve the issue.  But you won't ultimately be paying for both products in the end since you can either get a refund for the CD, or Customer Support might give you a service code for the Online product instead, depending on how they want to resolve it.    Here are a couple of options:

If you bought a CD you can't use,  you could pay for your online product and submit a refund request for the CD.  Or you can speak to TurboTax Support for a remedy.  This is their busiest day of the year, however, so they could be hard to reach. 

I don't know how Customer Support would choose to resolve it.  They "might" provide you a service code for your Online product, which might be a better deal for you, since the Online product is often more expensive than the CD.  Or they might also say to pay for the online product and refund your money for the CD.

If you can't reach Customer Support, you could pay for the Online product, then you can use this online refund request for the CD.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

Or to speak to someone at Customer Support for a possible different solution:

Use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number.  Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

When the form asks what product you are using, go ahead and say "CD/download" in the dropdown menu, since that's what you bought.  And by indicating that product, that will be the most direct way to the right department.

In the issue field, just say something like "billing issue.  purchased wrong product" but without quotes.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

I am trying to use the disc I purchased in my disc drive.  Got online and don"t know how to pursue.  I inserted my purchased turbo tax disc and immediately got the online version.

I inserted my disc then turbo tax connected with my computer online.  That was not what I expected.

this line of questioning is preposterous!!  I will try to reload my purchased disc.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies