Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

55dad
Returning Member

What do the codes ISODQ, QESPP, and RSU1 mean on my W-2?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You don't state which Box these are appearing on, but my guess is that you are seeing this in Box 14 of your W-2.

In the main, Box 14 is a simple "memo" box where the employer tells the employee some information that the employee might need to know in order to prepare their income tax return.  In the main, (but not always), entering the Box 14 information in TurboTax, or not entering it, has no effect.  There are no "official" guidelines about how most information is reported in this Box, so employers make up abbreviations on their own.

My GUESS is that ISODQ is telling you about the amount of compensation included in Box 1 of your W-2 related to your DisQualifying disposition of stock acquired via an Incentive Stock Option.  Likewise, I'd guess that QESPP is telling you about the amount of compensation included in Box 1 due to your Qualifying disposition of stock acquired via an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.  Finally, my guess is that RSU1 is telling you about the compensation included in Box 1 due to the vesting of a Restricted Stock Unit, probably "unit" number 1.

The information presented in Box 14 can be relevant to you when you report the sale of the employer stock you've received.

Tom Young

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You don't state which Box these are appearing on, but my guess is that you are seeing this in Box 14 of your W-2.

In the main, Box 14 is a simple "memo" box where the employer tells the employee some information that the employee might need to know in order to prepare their income tax return.  In the main, (but not always), entering the Box 14 information in TurboTax, or not entering it, has no effect.  There are no "official" guidelines about how most information is reported in this Box, so employers make up abbreviations on their own.

My GUESS is that ISODQ is telling you about the amount of compensation included in Box 1 of your W-2 related to your DisQualifying disposition of stock acquired via an Incentive Stock Option.  Likewise, I'd guess that QESPP is telling you about the amount of compensation included in Box 1 due to your Qualifying disposition of stock acquired via an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.  Finally, my guess is that RSU1 is telling you about the compensation included in Box 1 due to the vesting of a Restricted Stock Unit, probably "unit" number 1.

The information presented in Box 14 can be relevant to you when you report the sale of the employer stock you've received.

Tom Young

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies