turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ArmPuller

How do I import from Quicken Home & Business 2018 into TurboTax 2017?
 Are there any videos/tutorials?
 Are there any step by step instructions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

Have you seen this one?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4230369

Looks like you voted that one down before.  Why?  Are you using Turbo Tax Online?
ArmPuller

Thanks VolcoGirl for your getting back to me.
To be honest that is a basic answer to a more complex question.  So it didn't really answer my questions.

Well what are your specific questions?
ArmPuller

Well when I import the Quicken file into TurboTax it starts to ask the same questions it does when I start a new file.  When I look to see all my imported info (Schedule C for example) there are no entries.
Which is why I ask for video tutorial or a step by step instructions.

You need to check what Quicken is sending.  Maybe you don’t have the tax categories set up right.  I don’t know how to see the imported info.  Maybe the Quicken forum can help with assigning the categories in Quicken first.  Do you have the schedule C tax lines assigned in quicken?  

QUICKEN FORUM….?<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity">https://getsatisfaction.com/quickencommunity</a>
ArmPuller

How do I import from Quicken Home &amp; Business 2018 into TurboTax 2017?&#13; Are there any videos/tutorials?&#13; Are there any step by step instructions?

I made sure all (Schedule C) categories match TutboTax settings.  Quicken has past the ball to TurboTax.  I send the same questions to them.

How do I import from Quicken Home &amp; Business 2018 into TurboTax 2017?&#13; Are there any videos/tutorials?&#13; Are there any step by step instructions?

Maybe there is another schedule c in your return.  You can go to the data history or imported data area.  I think it’s at the top of the income tab to see imported data.  What version of Turbo Tax do you have?
ArmPuller

Home & Business 2017.  I also noticed it says Individual Tax Return, but it's not.  It's Jointly.
No other Schedule C.  I don't see either of the places you mentioned.

All tax returns say Individual.  That just means it’s not a separate Business return like a 1065 or 1120 or 1041 return.
ArmPuller

Okay
I would sent you some screen shots, but there is no way to do it.

Try going up to File - Remove Imported Data.  You don’t have to be removing anything but will show you everything that was imported.

You can attach screen shots to your question above by clicking on Edit in the top right of the question box.  Or use a Reply/Answer box.  Be sure to cover up a any Personal Info.
ArmPuller

Okay I attached a picture.  I'm going to try to Remove Data.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies