Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

joheyder

I am using the online Deluxe version and I'm trying to enter my capital loss carryover from last year. Do i have to upgrade to the premier version?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
JulieR
Expert Alumni

I am using the online Deluxe version and I'm trying to enter my capital loss carryover from last year. Do i have to upgrade to the premier version?

Yes, you will need TurboTax Premier Edition. TurboTax Deluxe Edition does not support Schedule D - Capital Gains and Losses.

aburciaga11
Returning Member

Did the deluxe edition previously support this?  I am getting a message now (taxes for 2021) that I need to upgrade because "You have Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D)," but I've had that every year previously and I'm pretty sure I only used the Deluxe edition until now. 

@aburciaga11 wrote:

Did the deluxe edition previously support this?  I am getting a message now (taxes for 2021) that I need to upgrade because "You have Capital Gains or Losses (Schedule D)," but I've had that every year previously and I'm pretty sure I only used the Deluxe edition until now. 

The Deluxe online editions have never supported investment sales reported on Schedule D.

The Deluxe desktop CD/Download editions have always supported investment sales reported on a Schedule D.  If you are using the Deluxe desktop edition, the message you see is a recommendation only, it is NOT required that you upgrade to the Premier edition.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies