Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need to file if I made less than $100 on a W2

I forgot I received a W2 for my job that I left Jan 20, 2016. I found it after I already filed my taxes, which included the W2 for my current job.The W2 I forgot to include only made about $100 in wages. Do I need to amend  my returns and file this W2? I live and made these wages in CA.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

GTD1113

I know its 2020, but for the future. No, you don't have to, these Intuit employees will tell you"yes" because they're money hungry. But if you make less than $1000 and you leave off those W-2s and only file your main W-2, they will still issue your refund regardless.

xiaoqinding
Returning Member

I have a couple of W2 the amount less than $80.  Do I need to file them? I think I can ignore them 

JohnW152
Expert Alumni

The original posting was referring to the need to file an amended return.  If you're asking about the need to file an amended return for two W-2s totaling less than $80, the answer is, yes, you need to amend your return to include them.  The IRS requires it.

If you're asking if you need to file an original return  -- not an amended return -- for just this income, then the answer is no.  That's because your income would be offset by your standard deduction.

Please see the TurboTax Help article Do I need to file a federal return this year? for more information.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies