andrews1819

Will you file my state tax return when the forms become available or do I need to do something myself?

I'm ready to file my federal taxes but you said the forms for my state return will not be available until 1/28. Do I need to do anything on the 28th or will you take care of it?

Only you can completed and file the state tax return.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

FYI - if you go ahead and file federal now without state you will have to wait to file state until the IRS accepts the federal.  Which won't be until the IRS opens Jan 27, 2021 or later.  Watch your emails for the Accepted or Rejected notice.