turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Will turbo tax inform me if someone else has claimed the child i have guardianship over

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Will turbo tax inform me if someone else has claimed the child i have guardianship over

If someone files a tax return with the same Social Security number as the child, then your e-filed tax return will be rejected by the IRS.  You would then have to print and mail your tax return with the child as your dependent.  If you are due a tax refund, the IRS will pay the refund.

Does Turbo tax know if there is an issue with the child im claiming has been claimed?,Also why is someone elses info on my manage your accounts

@neilgaronzik wrote:

Does Turbo tax know if there is an issue with the child im claiming has been claimed?,Also why is someone elses info on my manage your accounts

TurboTax has no knowledge if someone claims any other person on a tax return.

If there is information on your TurboTax account that is not yours then contact TurboTax support.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies