Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts Retirement/Life Events! >> Event happening TOMORROW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Allentax
Returning Member

Will Turbo Tax 2020 work with a Mac?

I had big problems in using Turbo Tax for my 2019 tax return, as did many other people.  There were numerous posts about inability to keep desktop TT open -- it would just close, or other system or software related issues.  And many dissatisfied customers for 2019.  I finally got TT 2019 to work, but the TT Help desk was not helpful, and in fact just closed my open ticket after failing to help and promising to get back with me (I had phone calls).  I'm determined not to go through this BS again.

My question is -- what does anyone know about TT for 2020 and whether TT has solved its problems on Mac, or whether it has continued to ignore them.  I have used HR Block for certain past years, so I could just switch to them if I don't get a positive consensus on this message board or a positive response from TT itself (I regard a positive response as one acknowledging the problem and explaining how it was fixed by TT for 2020.    

Thanks, Allentax

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

TurboTax 2020 will work fine on Macs running OSX 10.14 of later.  I have it installed with no problems at all.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I am running Big Sur 11.1 on a Mac Book Pro and Turbo Tax is a NIGHTMARE - it is locked open, and won't close - the SAVE form is on the screen and it won't Save, Delete, or Close - 

Turbo 2019 worked like a dream but 2020 is a mess. 

If anyone has a way to close it let me know. It reopens after a force close of the MBP - 

What version are you on?

Top menu bar -> TurboTax -> About TurboTax -> More Info.    If not 2020. r12.029 then you need to update.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
drboeckman
Returning Member

Turbo Tax download did not work. I need a refund.

Dan Boeckman

drboeckman
Returning Member

I have older version, so it does not work.  Need refund.

Dan Boeckman

@drboeckman wrote:

I have older version, so it does not work.  Need refund.

Dan Boeckman

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp
Use this TurboTax website to check your orders and payments -
https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/cd-download/order-status/

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@drboeckman To request a refund for your TurboTax CD/Download product, please complete the form in the below FAQ:

How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies