Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jen4863826
Returning Member

Why wont they dowgrade from deluxe if I havent used it?

I purchased deluxe version in error thinking I needed it. I do not need it, and they wont refund me or downgrade me back to free verison.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

If you have not registered, e-filed or paid, you can clear and start over.   If you already did any of those things, you cannot clear it.   If you have prepared a return---but did not file or pay yet, you can still just abandon the account and never file or pay.   What have you done so far?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
jen4863826
Returning Member

Well, I accidentally filed for EIN, however I am not an employer and it prompted deluxe version, and said I needed it to continue. I paid for it, and then realized what I did, and that I do not need it. So it was a waste of money. They won't refund me. I have not filed yet, but I did pay. 

You already paid for the Online Deluxe?  Or did you buy the Desktop CD/Download program?    In the Turbo Tax Free Edition, information that you can enter is limited now.  Why do I have to upgrade from the Free Edition?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/upgrading/help/why-do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-free-edition/00/26379

Here's a good link.  How did you pay?  If you were having the fees deducted from the refund you can delete that.

How do I switch to a cheaper TurboTax Online product?

jen4863826
Returning Member

I paid for online deluxe, and do not need it. I have filed with turbo past 3 years with free version. I have a lady who cleans my house, they prompted the deluxe and said I needed it to continue. Then it made me file for an EIN Eployer id number, which also an error cause its under 1,000 and I am not considered an employer. So I canceled all of that, and they will not refund the online deluxe that I am not even going to use... 

jen4863826
Returning Member

They will not refund me because it was online version. They also said it's designed not to charge me until I file and it did. I haven't even filed yet. 

jen4863826
Returning Member

To be quite honest, I am probably going to close the account and file with someone else since they won't refund me. They can totally refund me, but just won't because of some stupid customer satisfaction guarantee that only comes with the other forms of deluxe. I am not even using it, so what satisfaction guarantee do I frikking need anyways?

What other forms of deluxe do you mean?  If you are using online Deluxe there would be online Live Deluxe or online Full Service Deluxe.   You cannot pay for online TurboTax with the license code for the CD/download if that is the issue.  The pricing structure for the CD/download and online are very different.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Sounds like you added the Sch H for a household employee which you can remove ... click on TOOLS then DELETE a FORM. 

jen4863826
Returning Member

I already paid, and someone is helping me now over the phone. The refund request is a computer automatically rejecting it. 

jen4863826
Returning Member

They are processing my refund. I am so sick of dealing with computers and automated services. 

Too many people would call and say that they accidentially upgraded to higher version than they needed.  TurboTax would refund back the difference in pricing.  But almost always those people upgraded because their return required the higher version.  So they go to file for the price of the lower version.  Now TurboTax does not downgrade their cost and tells them to clear and start over to get lower price return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies