turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why won't it let me file my 2019 state and local tax return? It allowed me to file my 2018, which I must have forgotten to file last year...but when I try to add another state and local tax refund. Th

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Why won't it let me file my 2019 state and local tax return? It allowed me to file my 2018, which I must have forgotten to file last year...but when I try to add another state and local tax refund. Th

For 2019?  You cannot e-file a 2019 state return until your federal return has been filed and accepted by the IRS.  The IRS will not even begin to accept returns until January 27, so if you already e-filed your federal return it is just sitting on a server, waiting.  You cannot file state yet.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Wait....what do you mean it allowed you to file 2018 that you forgot to file last year....did you enter 2018 state data in to the 2019 online software and file it just now?  And then go back in to the program and try to put in 2019?  Please explain in more detail what you did.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies