PeanutsnBacon

Why is Turbo Tax asking me to move money out of our HSA when we only have $4k of a $6k possible balance limit?

LindaA

You're seeing this message because the information you've entered indicates that you put too much money into your Health Savings Account (HSA). If you exceed the contribution limit, you must withdraw the excess before you file your tax return or you'll be penalized. It's a good idea to double-check the HSA information you entered in TurboTax to make sure you really had an excess contribution. A common error is to enter the HSA contribution information twice, once on the W-2 screen (with code W in box 12) and again on the HSA contributions screen. Use the instructions at the end of the FAQ below to review your HSA answers (be sure to click "See entire answer"). 

Why am I showing an excess HSA contribution?    https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4788059

LindaA