Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is the information I entered with the phone app of TurboTax not appearing in TurboTax on desktop? I'm using an iphone with the most recent version, and Chrome for Mac

iPhone 13 Pro Max
iOS 17.1.2
(Phone) TurboTax v10.2
Using same login information between platforms
Mac with Big Sur 11.7.10 (can't upgrade due to legacy app use/hardware compatibility issues)
Chrome for Mac v120.0.6099.129
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why is the information I entered with the phone app of TurboTax not appearing in TurboTax on desktop? I'm using an iphone with the most recent version, and Chrome for Mac

????? Desktop software??  The full download and install on your computer?

I thought the "mobile" app you use on an iPhone would only link with the "Online" browser-based software.   Certainly, you can log into an Online account with your desktop browser to see what's been entered in a phone app.....but Don't think it links with the fully separate "Desktop" software.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Sounds like you are using the Online version on your Mac since it's too old to install the Desktop program.  Maybe you're not logging into the same account on both.

How to use the Mobile App

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-use-the-mobile-app/00/26828

@SteamTrain 

yes, in general, the desktop program in the online program do not share information. And the iOS app for iPhone or iPad is only a portal to the online version, so the iOS app does not share information with the desktop installed program.

however, in this case, it seems likely that the taxpayer has not actually installed the desktop program, and they are using chrome to access the website. In that case, @VolvoGirl  may be correct that the taxpayer is inadvertently logging into two different online accounts.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies