turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why is my efile coming back as I cant efile some formsets when all forms are in?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Why is my efile coming back as I cant efile some formsets when all forms are in?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the error you are receiving - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/our-records-indicate-that-you-are-not...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

"access denied"

gloriah5200
Expert Alumni

Yes, it could be that some forms may not yet be available for e-filing but are available in the software for printing.

Delete the state and re-add it:

Go to "State" on the left hand menu, look for the option to delete after you click continue.

You will now be able to file.

Sometimes this will reveal errors in the Federal section that were not showing due to the "Form Set" error blocking them from popping up during the review - this may happen after you delete the state.

If you see those errors (usually duplicate W-2s) fix these and finish filing.

You may be prompted to pay for state, this is because state could not be filed before you deleted it and re-added. (This applies to Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business.)

You would have been able to e-file federal and would have had to paper file state in most cases.

One caveat - this will not work if you have already registered or paid for your state product, but most of the time it will not allow you to pay for state with this issue.

Delete and readd the state should resolve the issue 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies