Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

hawley326

Why is my code not working and how do I fix it?

bought the software and installed on my laptop

but code does not

hawley326

i tried to do the online purchase also

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

If your license code does not work, please see our Help Article here for further assistance.  

@hawley326 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i'm using the CD software that is installed on my computer when I did my 2020 taxes.  When I tried to go into the 2020 turbo tax from my desktop, it requested an activation code.  I entered the code and the answer was that code has already been used.  Of course it has, I used it.  Why doesn't the program recognize that?  I need to amend my 2020 and 2021 returns before I can file the 2022 return.  I have all three programs installed on my computer.  I haven't tried to open 2021 yet, because 2020 has to go first.  How do I fix this?

Jwtownsen

I am using the Turbotax deluxe, which contains a CD and a License code (product Item #299581).  I logged into my account and then entered the License code when prompted.  But then there was no further instructions.  I exited and tried to log in again, but I received a message saying I had already logged in.  How do I get back into the program once I have logged in?

I don't know what a tag is, but I am using software that I bought at Costco.  Turbotax Home & Business.

Jwtownsen

I am using the desiktop version.  I bought it at BJs, and it has a CD and a License code.  My computer doesn't use CDs, so I entered the License code.  After following the instructions, logging into my account, and entering the License code, I didn't see any further instructions.  I exited and tried to get back in, but I got a message saying the new program has already been entered into my account.  So the questions is how do I get back into the program once I have exited?

@Jwtownsen If you downloaded the software to your hard drive, then it is there, just like other programs that you have on your computer.  You open it up on your own computer---you do NOT "log in" to an online account.  Open the program and then go to the tool bar that will be at the top of your screen and click to open a return or to start a return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have the code.  It came with the disk I purchased new at COSTCO in 2020.  When I enter the code, it says that code has already been used.  Of course it has, I used it when I installed this software and paid my taxes.  It gives me Error code 603 and won't let me into the Turbotax.  But how can that be?  I never uninstalled the software.  I just haven't used it since 2020 and now it doesn't work.   I didn't think the code or the software would expire.

I called them and the guy said he had to ask his supervisor what to do.  He told me he would call me back after his supervisor tells him what to do.  I'm not holding my breath.  

Make sure your computer is the same way when you originally installed it.  Like with no flash drives plugged in or plugged in if one was.  It asked me to activate again so I just closed the program and took out a flash drive that was plugged in and tried again.  It worked.  Or you may need to connect a flash drive or printer or something that was connected when you originally installed the program.  One person found to disable his virus scanner and firewall first and then it opened.

Why my license code not working 

FishLady

It is a CD download for Deluixe.  I keep getting  Error 607 and license code is correct.

@FishLady wrote:

It is a CD download for Deluixe.  I keep getting  Error 607 and license code is correct.

This error occurs when the license code is not entered in correctly or the code is invalid. Here are some instructions that can help resolve the issue:

• First, be sure you are entering the license code characters carefully.   Don't confuse G and 6, or S and 5, or O (letter O) and 0 (zero), etc.
  • Review the code to make sure you did not transpose any numbers or letters.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for the license code - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/product-system-requirements/find-license...

Why is my license code not working?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies