Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why has Form 8915B-T Been Delayed yet again??????

Can someone from TurboTax please tell me why this form, form 8915B-T been delayed yet again? Yesterday it was supposed to be released on 3/4, now when I log into my account today it states it won't be ready until 3/26, what is going on here? 

Would like to file my taxes in a timely manner here TurboTax! 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

92 Replies

Form 8615, Tax for Certain Children who have Investment Income - 03/05/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

This is crazy!  (and aggravating!) Everytime I come back, Turbo Tax adds dates everytime and now the end of March?! Its not like tax time changes every year! 

@JP1968 wrote:

This is crazy!  (and aggravating!) Everytime I come back, Turbo Tax adds dates everytime and now the end of March?! Its not like tax time changes every year! 

No, it is not the end of March for the Form 8615.

Form 8615, Tax for Certain Children who have Investment Income - 03/06/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Form 8915-B-T (for the repayment of deferred tax on Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan distributions) ≠ Form 8615

And to answer the original question.  Because the IRS is slow and understaffed.  Just be ready to file for a free extension come April which is pretty easy though it sucks having to wait for the IRS to finish their forms to be able to get your refund.

I am also waiting on this form and really need it available as soon as possible. It was supposed to be released on 2/20 then it said 2/27 and now it states 3/26. It is very frustrating that this is being pushed off. 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Yes, it has been pushed off again, unfortunately.  IRS has been very slow.  The forms are not even available on the IRS website.  Check here: https://www.irs.gov/forms-pubs/about-form-8915-a-and-8915-b

Note:

Once the form is finalized by the IRS, it has to be coded into the special language the TurboTax software uses and has to be thoroughly tested for calculations and e-filing acceptability.  IRS then has to approve it for e-file.  It always takes a little longer for a form to become available for e-file in a software program.  I hope this helps you understand the situation.  

@Cheyanneshelby

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for this response, which clearly lays out the timeline for an electronic filing using this form.  

My question:  Is the form now available for paper filing?  

Thanks

Today is the day I have been eagerly waiting for. We really need to file our return. I logged in on 3/26/2020 and it's still unavailable. I understand a lot has been going on buy this delay has been going on since February. Did they not know those of us that filed this form last year would need this form this year as well? If anyone has any new ETA of this form, please update. Thank you 

RSki
Level 2

I feel your pain, I am in the same situation.

I think people that needed to tap their retirement fund during those disasters are also folks that may need their tax returns quicker. I would think that this type of form by nature would be a top priority for IRS and Turbo Tax both to complete the process listed above.  The first thing I did this morning is look for my requested email notification from Turbo Tax, unfortunately it was not there.

Turbo Tax please expedite if at all possible, my taxes have been complete for about 2 1/2 months now, just waiting on this one form....

If form is not update by end of business day, do what I will be doing, I will file absent of the form and then I will amend down the road.  I need my refund plus the stimulus check that they are sending.  I will owe them the difference later down the road.  I tried to be patient, but this is and was abuse of power in my book.

Nothing has been updated on the IRS website.  My advice, file the return absent the form to not delay your stimulus check, once they have updated the form, amend you tax return to include it.

If form is not update by end of business day, do what I will be doing, I will file absent of the form and then I will amend down the road.  I need my refund plus the stimulus check that they are sending.  I will owe them the difference later down the road.  I tried to be patient, but this is and was abuse of power in my book.

How do you file without?  I used TurboTax last year and it automatically tells me I can't go further without the form.  This is absolutley ridiculous!

If I can do this, I will do the same. I have been waiting since early February for this form.

we also need these funds. I am pending a large return since we use these funds to pay our taxes and insurance yearly. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies