Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why has Form 8915B-T Been Delayed yet again??????

The IRS has not Finalized the Form 8915-B so until that happens there is nothing TurboTax can do but wait for the IRS.  When the IRS finalizes and approves the form then TurboTax will be able to supply the form for filing.

IRS website for the draft 8915-B - https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/draftTaxForms.html?value=8915-B&criteria=formNumber&submitSea...

I wanted to delete the form last year when it was my first year filing and it would not let me. Same for this year, it will not let me print without this form. Sadly I have one more year of this waiting game. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to Tax Tools and then selected delete form 8915B. Once the form was deleted it let me e-file. Once they get it sorted out I can go back and amend it. 

This is absolutely ridiculous that this form has yet to be finished! I paid to have my taxes and Turbotax has been collecting interest off of my money for months! I can't even file my taxes! I assume that this will be corrected by July? I have to pay this year, which is fine however had no clue that it would take this long to fix a tax form! Will probably not use Turbo again in light of this problem that has happened last year and this year! Get it together Turbo Tax!

@mesapsa wrote:

This is absolutely ridiculous that this form has yet to be finished! I paid to have my taxes and Turbotax has been collecting interest off of my money for months! I can't even file my taxes! I assume that this will be corrected by July? I have to pay this year, which is fine however had no clue that it would take this long to fix a tax form! Will probably not use Turbo again in light of this problem that has happened last year and this year! Get it together Turbo Tax!

The IRS has not Finalized the Form 8915-B so until that happens there is nothing TurboTax can do but wait for the IRS.  When the IRS finalizes and approves the form then TurboTax will be able to supply the form for filing.

IRS website for the draft 8915-B - https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/draftTaxForms.html?value=8915-B&criteria=formNumber&submitSea...

How can the IRS not have approved the form yet? Shouldn't it be the same form from last year with just a different date on it?  I think Turbo Tax has dropped the ball here! 

@mesapsa wrote:

How can the IRS not have approved the form yet? Shouldn't it be the same form from last year with just a different date on it?  I think Turbo Tax has dropped the ball here! 

So the IRS is lying on their own website by still having the Form 8915 as being in draft mode - https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/f8915b--dft.pdf

@mesapsa wrote:

How can the IRS not have approved the form yet? Shouldn't it be the same form from last year with just a different date on it?

That is a question for the IRS.  All we know is that TurboTax cannot file a form that has not been approved by the IRS regardless of what changes on the form.  The IRS does not publish forms until the IRS processing computers have been reprogrammed to process the changed form.   Because of all the tax law changes they are probably running behind.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Well I guess I'll just check back in July then since the tax filing date has been pushed ahead. Hopefully it will be completed by then! 

I need the form too, I have Tax deluxe and it says E-file is not available using this form,  print only.  

Even after the IRS releases the 2019 version of the form, it will always be paper file only.  The IRS will not program the IRS e-file system to accept e-filed 8915A/B forms since it is a rarely used form.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Same boat with this form. Very aggravating. Read on one post IRS released it on 24 Mar and TT is running their tests. Also I was able to E-file it the past 2 yrs, so not sure why it is stating cannot e-file this year? Hopefully TT will notify us when it's ready.

@usafgirl29 wrote:

Same boat with this form. Very aggravating. Read on one post IRS released it on 24 Mar and TT is running their tests. Also I was able to E-file it the past 2 yrs, so not sure why it is stating cannot e-file this year? Hopefully TT will notify us when it's ready.

Because it is not on the IRS e-file forms list.

The *draft* form was added on 3/24.   The final form is the 2018 form still.

Screen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.38.53 PM.jpgScreen Shot 2020-03-30 at 1.43.10 PM.jpg

Now that the IRS has been charged with administrating the Corona stimulus and the filing date has been pushed to July 15, I am guessing that this seldom used form will be a very low priority   The IRS has been very short handed this year as is - just a guess.

Doug51

Just a place to vent i guess.... reading other comments... Suppose the delay now due to COVID-19....sorry for anyone who is getting this and suffering... my issue is i need the form to complete taxes for refund and refund is now very important then ever as we need the money to survive this economic tragedy... not just for me but for millions... 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies