Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why has Form 8915B-T Been Delayed yet again??????

That would be my next question as well. 

I totally feel you.  A lot has changed from my status from last year and i want all of my stimulus money but wont get if i cant file...ughhh

Please let me know when you find out how to file without the form.  I have the same issue you have lol

Yeah. I have been waiting and waiting. It is the same dang form as last year. It just needed a few things changed. I am about to just take my QDR completely off and file without it. Then when they figure it out, I can amend. At this pace, we won’t be able to file until August. The stimulus check is going by your 2018 taxes, FYI

TerryA
Intuit Alumni

IRS released a draft of the 8915-B on March 24. That's not a final and it has been noted above that when the final comes out it'll be several days later that a TT release can come out containing it.

https://apps.irs.gov/app/picklist/list/draftTaxForms.html

Go to tax tools, go to the print center, print out your return and mail it in.  Can't guarantee that your return will be accepted and a refund will be processed.  If you send it in with the numbers showing the 2018 distribution spread out over the three years or send it in with the draft form, it likely has a high probability of getting flagged and the refund not getting processed.

If it was me and I really needed the refund, I'd go back through TurboTax's prompts and answer no to the disaster distribution prompt and e-file that way.  Then go back when the form is available and submit an amended return.

This is rediculous, I have been waiting already two months to file my taxes and have been on hold for this form to be released. It was supposed to be released today 03/26/2020. I log in and it still says it will be ready soon. WTF !!!. Is this a Turbo Tax thing ?. We need our refunds and this **bleep** form is what is standing in my way. I have been using Turbo Tax for years. I have to look to other options for next year. 

RSki
Level 2

I did this yesterday, went back through the whole form and marked no in each area mentioning the disaster relief but at the end it still would not let me file, saying I had to wait for these forms. Did anyone have any luck deleting the disaster relief items and sending via E-File?  Like all of you, this is a time of need for my family and it seems a better option to have to do this twice than to wait and see when the IRS can make time given they are processing all of the stimulus checks and are most likely very overwhelmed, who knows when this will be available. Pushing back the deadline may also be a tell tale sign that they know lots of people will be late, due to IRS workload increase and forms not ready yet....  

It did the same thing to me. I had to also go through and take the amounts out that were on the form. When you check No, you still have to go down and take the money out. Now remember you will have to amend. I did it yesterday and it was accepted within the hour. 

deivp

which tab is that one exactly? 

I, too have had my tax filing and refund delayed by the lack of Form 8915B-T being finalized. I just got off the phone with Texas State Representative Sheila Jackson Lee's office (Washington number is picking up), where I spoke with a staffer and requested that this problem be resolved ASAP. I recommend that each person who has this issue call their representative and request that the IRS either approve the form from last year, or finalize this year's form, so that people can finalize their taxes. They have had the opportunity to get this done since late last year. You can find your congressman at this website: https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

I just went completely back through it and scrolled down. The amounts I had in there I took out. 

ekoogler7

wow... after 2 months... and 3 dates  another date missed 3/26/2020   READY SOON.  great information... Why not just tell us April 15th.. Turbo Tax software has been really bad this year...  Software from stores where deployed  with a bug in software..  had to spend 4 hours on the phone support.. frustrating as hell..  and now cannot get my refund.   

Like I said. I took it off and filed. I will just do an amendment. We have an extended amount of time now. 

Like many others I am also waiting for this form to file my taxes. That being said, I’m in a place financially where I could pay the full tax liability now instead of spreading it out over 3 years.

So I can go ahead and get my 2019 taxes filed would a viable option be to: amend my 2018 taxes and pay the full amount due out-of-pocket and then just remove the amounts from my 2019 taxes and file electronically? Do you think that will cause issues? I know it’s more work on my end but after 2 years of having to delay filing My taxes I don’t want to have deal with this again next year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies