cdonpaul

Why does TurboTAx require that the Mac OS X be such a high version? I will have to buy a new computer to run it since I can't get past 10.13.6 next year.

You are looking in the wrong direction ... it is MAC that forces the upgrades to sell more computers.  They are the ones requiring it not TT.    If you cannot upgrade you will be able to use the ONLINE version instead.  

cdonpaul

This reply doesn't make any sense.  Microsoft Office has run on several versions of Mac OSX with no problem.  I can run TT2019 this year, so it seems the TT software should be capable of running next year as well.  The programmers must be doing something that requires the higher OS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.  this is really TT doing.  the same issue arises with Win 7 for TT 2020 returns.  TT says it will not allow installation for the 2020 software on computers runiing Win 7.    Win 7 will still be ok for online prep. 

TT does not want its software running on an OS that may have unpatched flaws.  So desktop users with win 7 face the same problem you do.    it is also true that updates needed for certain software to run can be incompatible  with the current OS.   Put another way, MS and Apple don't want to spend the time and money necessary to produce the updates to keep your system safe from flaws in their OS and other software.

for me, I was able to create adual boot system, so I'll be able to keep Win & and use win 10 solely for TT.      

marianpo

For the life of me I cannot find the online version of Turbo Tax. At the Intuit site, I get directed to the software and cannot get out. Please help me access the online version.

mesquitebean

@marianpo wrote:

Here's the online product selection page:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Scroll down a bit to see the product listings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

if TT holds to its plans people with a PC OS other than Windows 10 will have to buy a new computer too unless they can upgrade their present OS.  upgrading the OS will likely result in the deletion of all other apps.