lawn-man

Why does it say I cant e-file because my EITC is based on non-documented earned income? Can it be fixed or is it due to the new eitc rules? using 2019 income for 2020.

ErnieS0

Some TurboTax Online customers are getting the error below when attempting to filing for Earned Income Credit (EITC) using 2019 income amount.

We Won't Be Able to Efile Your Return:

Your Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) is based on non-documented earned income.

EITC

If you are experiencing this issue, please sign up here for email updates as we are working on the issue.

Ramanda86

I am having the same issue. I have submitted my info twice now with no response. What is going on and wat do i do?

TiffanyL

If you are experiencing the same issue, please see the comment posted above by @ErnieS0. There is a link there where you can sign up to receive an email update on when the issue would be resolved.

Jessie b

I am also having this issue? Will It get fixed or are we going to have to mail in our returns? I already signed up at the link about 4 days ago and have gotten no response 

fanfare

IRS has not even opened up to look at tax returns yet.

Clogan988

Has this been fixed because HR Block has the same issue but they claim ignorance so I got a refund so I can use TurboTax instead because I’m having the same issue. I have no problem waiting  as long as it’s something acknowledging and being worked on. I just don’t want to mail my return.

BillM223

This is a known issue that has been resolved in TurboTax.

How recently did you try to e-file? The resolution was quite recent.

See this TurboTax Help page.

Ok ... just a thought.   I have had no issue in my private practice (as a tax professional)  with using the 2019 EIC even if they were not clients in 2019 and I had to enter the info myself instead of having it transfer into the 2020 program.

So those who have seen this message is that what happened?   Did you enter in the 2019 earned income amount yourself instead of it being transferred automatically from the prior year return?    If so that would make perfect sense in a DIY program ... basically the IRS is not believing your entries in this matter so they are wanting the return to be mailed in so your figures can be verified.  Just an educated  guess ... could be wrong.

Clogan988

No, the software was doing it for me.

jdanosborn1959

I am using the desktop version and getting the same error message for e_filing

CarissaM

Have you updated your Turbo Tax software recently? I would advise running an update and attempting to re-file.