turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

djwilson2

Why do I get an Access Denied reply when trying to get my stimulus check information ?

I get the same issue with Firefox, but I am able to access on Chrome.

pollackr5

Why do I get an Access Denied reply when trying to get my stimulus check information ?

After I enter the required information in the 2021 Get My Payment window and hit enter a message comes up "Access Denied  You don't have permission to access http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login on this server.  Etc.  How do I get around this?  Thanks for any help you can give me. 

If you have an online account set up with a username and password, then you should be able to access the site. Here is the link to your IRS online tax account, just to be sure you've got everything set up.

We have noticed that  many of our customers are experiencing delays in receiving their stimulus without being able to access information via the tools the IRS has provided as expected.  As our customers continue to have questions regarding the Economic Impact Payments (EIP), we’re continuing to work with the IRS for guidance. We’re updating our customer and expert-facing articles with information as soon as we get it.

Please see the following link about late payments: What if my IRS refund is taking longer than 21 days?

Here is an FAQ with updated links and information:  Review the new FAQs in the article, How will the third stimulus impact me? 

@pollackr5

Thank you for the tip. It works with edge.

It works with microsoft edge. 

I got the Access Denied message using Firefox.  Then I tried using Google Chrome and it worked.  So try using Chrome, or another browser.  🙂

Thanks so much the advice on using Edge.  I could not check my refund using Chrome. On Edge it was no problem at all.  I also was unable to use the IRS Verify My Identity using Chrome.  Not a problem on Edge.  I was able to complete the process with ease!  

Why do I get a no access to Gov.get my payment

@Robertenloe8899 wrote:

Why do I get a no access to Gov.get my payment

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment-frequently-asked-questions

To use Get My Payment, you must first verify your identity by answering security questions. (See Error Messages/Lockouts for more information if you can't access Get My Payment.)

If your answers don’t match our records multiple times, you’ll be locked out of Get My Payment for 24 hours for security reasons. If you can’t verify your identity, you won’t be able to use Get My Payment. Don’t contact the IRS for assistance with a lockout; IRS assistors can’t unlock your account. For more information, see Error Messages/Lockouts.

If you can’t get your payment status because you’ve been locked out, you must wait 24 hours and try again.

If you verified your identity and received “Payment Status Not Available,” this means either we have not processed your payment yet, we do not have enough information to issue you a payment or you are not eligible for a payment

I got same message. Why?

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Please see the links below for additional guidance from the IRS.

Link to check your third stimulus payment

FAQs for Stimulus payments

@Sheela1968

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I also got Access Denied when trying to both get my refund status without logging in, and also when trying to login to my IRS account (with or without VPN on). Was also using Firefox on Windows 10 as someone else was. And I also was able to get in after trying with Microsoft Edge.

I haven't got my stimulus it was supposed to be mailed by  it say I have a bank account and I don't it's my old one and it's been closed

@Breannastarr4

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund or if your account is closed, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rwkopacz

I too am now getting this.  If it isnt frustrating enough that we havent received our 3rd stimulus yet & that I have to check back each week praying, but now I am getting the following:

This is the 2nd week in a row I have received this as prior to last week it just kept saying unavailable. I have already tried all of the suggestions including emptying cache, using different browser, etc.  I only check once a week.  What gives?  Does anyone else have this experience or know what I can do.  At least knowing that I will be getting it & there isnt some error or oversight would help with my stress level.

Access Denied

You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login" on this server.

Reference #18.[phone number removed][phone number removed]2774

Thanks to all of you for taking time to read and respond.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies