Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

user074368637
Returning Member

Why did TT print: the last day to file was end of Oct, but does not let me electronically file today 10/18?

why did TT print: the last day to file  electronically was end of Oct, but does not let me electronically file today 10/18?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Why did TT print: the last day to file was end of Oct, but does not let me electronically file today 10/18?

No...the last day to be able to access and use Turbotax "Online" software is the end of October  (to print and mail-file by that date).

For those who actually  "E-filed" by the 15th...midnight deadline, and were rejected, they my have a few days to correct and re-e-file...but those who did not even efile by the 15th deadline....they can only print and mail-file..

After the end of October....then Online users will have to use the desktop software if they need to prepare or complete their 2019 taxes.  

People who did not even start their 2019 taxes Online before 15 October, they cannot even work on their 2019 taxes "Online" now and will have to use the desktop software to do them.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

It is a bit confusing (and inaccurate since they mean if your return was filed timely but it was rejected) ... but if you click on the more details this is what you get ...

efile after 10-15.jpgefile dates wrong.jpgefile after 10-15 2.jpg

GabiU
Level 15

Are you still receiving this message? If Yes, are you willing to post a screenshot so I can alert the product team? Please remove all personal information from the screenshot if you post here. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies