Why can't TurboTax e-file my state return? It is a...

holikon

Why can't TurboTax e-file my state return? It is available for print/mail but NYS does not allow you to mail in forms that were completed in software.

TurboTax has always been able to e-file my state taxes, this is the first time I was told to print and mail. There is nothing particularly special or different about this year than previous years.
TerukoL

What additional forms are you filing? You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

holikon

I've cleared cache and cookies, logged in again. I am unable to amend my return / "re-enter my information again". When I click "Amend Return" the only thing that comes up pertains to my Federal Return. I do not have an option for NYS. 

MaryM428

Amend is not going to be available in TurboTax until late March.  New York state does not want printed forms, but will they will accept and process them if efile is not possible.  

ou generally must file an amended return within three years of the date you filed the original return or within two years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.