turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

holikon

Why can't TurboTax e-file my state return? It is available for print/mail but NYS does not allow you to mail in forms that were completed in software.

TurboTax has always been able to e-file my state taxes, this is the first time I was told to print and mail. There is nothing particularly special or different about this year than previous years.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Why can't TurboTax e-file my state return? It is available for print/mail but NYS does not allow you to mail in forms that were completed in software.

What additional forms are you filing? You may need to clear your cache and cookies. Make sure your return is saved in your TurboTax account and then sign out. Clear the cache and delete the cookies on your computer, open a new browser, sign back into your account and try entering your information again. You may also want to change browsers, for example, if you are using Chrome, try switching to Firefox.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
holikon

I've cleared cache and cookies, logged in again. I am unable to amend my return / "re-enter my information again". When I click "Amend Return" the only thing that comes up pertains to my Federal Return. I do not have an option for NYS. 

Amend is not going to be available in TurboTax until late March.  New York state does not want printed forms, but will they will accept and process them if efile is not possible.  

ou generally must file an amended return within three years of the date you filed the original return or within two years after the date you paid the tax, whichever is later.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies