Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why can't I redeem the Quicken Starter offer in Turbotax 2020?

@Rbw64 wrote:

Still not working 3/7/2021. Could TurboTax and quicken respond

See the post from LBrowning above or contact Quicken.

The link embedded in TurboTax for the Amazon/Quicken offer only points to a server owned by Quicken (not related to TurboTax), of that server does not respond then that is Quickens problem.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

The link worked perfectly for me today. Followed the instructions below starting with clicking the "Claim This Offer" link from within TurboTax2020 (must be purchased direct from Amazon with the "Amazon Exclusive" Quicken bundle for this offer to appear within TurboTax).

This took me to a Quicken-branded page whose URL starts with "https://www.quicken.com/turbotax/amazon..." and then has a bunch of codes which are probably unique for each activated TurboTax installation. 

Screenshot: 

Screenshot free Quicken2.JPG

3. Click 'Redeem Now' on Quicken.com to add Quicken Starter Edition to your Quicken cart for Free
4. Click 'Begin Checkout' in the Quicken Shopping Cart to complete
5. Sign in or create a Quicken Account
6. Continue to review your order (and checkout)

Note that if you already had a Quicken subscription, this should add another year (plus pro-rated time remaining) to your existing subscription  (and downgrade you to Starter if you had a higher-level product). If you had a higher-level Quicken (e.g. Deluxe, Premier, etc.), you can now go into your Quicken account, click on the "Manage" link in the "Subscriptions" box , then "Manage Subscriptions", then "Change Plan", and you can now purchase a year of any other upgraded Quicken Product and it will add the pro-rated value of your 1 year Starter subscription to your purchased subscription. For example, it you purchase Deluxe for $51.99, you'll get about 20 months of subscription (about 8 months from your free Starter Subscription, plus 12 months from the Deluxe that you purchase). 

Once you can figure out how this all works, it's a great deal. 

Good Luck...

AlexBo

Quicken promo link from TT (2020 H&B electronic d/l from Amazon) IS STILL NOT WORKING.

The same message as for others here - "Oops, we had a hiccup! Can't connect to Quicken"

Called TurboTax support, as soon as they (Lauren) heard the issue, I was transferred to Quicken support.

Quicken asked me to create an account, then to upload proof of purchase, screenshots of the promo and the error.

Then they (Carlos) added 1 yr free Quicken subscription to the account (Win or Mac).

RBarrett
Returning Member

Quicken was sold by Intuit in 2016. The offer is no longer valid. 

It seems that Amazon had/has a special offer for Quicken with Turbo Tax.  Exclusive from Amazon.  

PFSlow
Returning Member

I got it working today. Took many tries and I had to involve Quicken Support. Eventually hitting the Submit button did complete the order and I was able to download Quicken. 

If the object is to gain customers, Quicken is doing a piss-poor job of it.

Anyway, here's a screen shot of where to find it ion the Mac version of TT H&B 2020 that I purchased from Amazon.Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 1.52.24 PM.png

eragbag

as of 1508 hrs today, 1/5/2022 it was not working

eragbag

Offer is for new subscibers only....read the fine print on the Amazon website....none of the quicken or turbo tax customer service reps knew about the details of the offer....SAD!!!

eragbag

offer is for new subscibers only....read the fine print...very fine print...in the Amazon listing. Apparently none of the customer service reps know the details

eragbag

offer is for new subscribers only

Carl
Level 15

Be aware that Intuit owns TurboTax and Quickbooks. They do not own Quicken.  The Quicken software is owned by H.I.G. Capital https://www.higcapital.com/portfolio/company/352

The name "Quicken" is used under license from Intuit.

PFSlow
Returning Member

You mention that it's for new subscribers repeatedly. This is true.

By following the link from H&B 2021, I have no problem downloading the latest version a few minutes ago. When it comes up for renewal in a few months, I'll decide if it's worth it to pay the $36 or not.

dwynn9881
Returning Member

Cannot redeem the Quicken Starter offer in Home and Business 2021 desktop?  Help!

What do I need to resolve this problem?

dwynn9881
Returning Member

This offer is not working from Home and Business 2021 Desktop.  Offer continues to

say "Have Hiccup"!  I need to connect to Quicken!

Carl
Level 15

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies