Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can't I redeem the Quicken Starter offer in Turbotax 2020?

Dear Community,

The link in the software finally works now, and I was able to download and install a 1 year subscription to the software for free.

I'm the original poster behind this sh*tshow.  I've enjoyed watching the numerous replies, and as a gen-X'er, this will be the closest thing to going viral as I will ever get, so thank you all for this experience.  I'd like to think the number of replies got someone's attention enough to fix a broken link in a way that I couldn't do alone.

Everyone wins.

Unfortunately the link does not work for me as of 1/24/2021...

That is an Amazon offer, not TurboTAx.   I Believe that link simply points to a server owned and controlled by Amazon.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Here looking for the same answer as you guys are.
When clicking the link, the URL shows quicken dot com / turbotax / amazon? with what looks like the code at the end of the link.
I'll try talking to quicken tomorrow to see what they say.

Yes.   That would appear to be a link to a Quicken server that should have the offer. 

TurboTax was probably paid by Quicken or Amazon to embed that link in the special Amazon only version but it is a Amazon/Quicken offer and TurboTax has noting to do with the offer itself.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

It was working prior to the latest TT update..  looks like the link is broken again as you said.  

Personally, I don't think getting it is worth the hassle.  

Now, back to the NFL games 😛

fredb38

@fredb38 wrote:

https://www.quicken.com/turbotax/amazon?v=8372gh6739dF&code=MTYxMTU0MDAwMgo%3D&utm_source=turbotax&u...

This is the link you are sent too but doesn't work

You need to contact Quicken of the link does not work.  That is obviously a link on a server owed by Quicken.

HOWEVER when  I go to the link that you supplied (above) I get this web page so it would seem that that link does work, but not for the 1 year offer.    This would appear to be a Quicken problem.

Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 7.18.40 PM.jpg

Same for me link does not work as of 1/25/2021

iltb2000

@Anonymous - Did you need an activation code once you installed the software?  If so, where did you get that activation code?

Thanks!

Jon

I never installed it.  I still use Quicken deluxe 2016 and to me it is not worth their overpriced yearly subscription for software that is essentially the same as the pre-subscription versions.  Now the link doesn't work again either, so I can't access to be able to tell you.

After the run around from Intuit/Amazon/Quicken, I was able to get Amazon to escalate this.
Hopefully, I will have the definitive answer by Monday.

ocarbrey
Returning Member

Amazon says it is an Intuit problems.  It is within the actual Turbo  Tax software and is an offer by Intuit.

ocarbrey
Returning Member

It is part of the Intuit software.  Amazon couldn't fix it even if the wanted to.

@ocarbrey  Did you read all the posts in this thread?  All 3 pages of them?  It is not Intuit.  It is only an Amazon offer.  And Intuit sold off Quicken many years ago.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies