Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why can't I downgrade from LIVE!?

I have used TurboTax for years and love how they help average people do taxes, but recent price increases and hidden costs are causing me to rethink my commitment. TurboTax automatically assumed I wanted to use the LIVE package again this year and didn't have an option to downgrade, even when I never used the LIVE service (chat with tax experts). I finally used the customer support link to chat with a representative about this and they said my only option was to erase everything and start over. This is ridiculousness! I spent several hours entering information and I don't want to start over - just because they can't downgrade. They don't have any issues adding services mid-process. They should be able to tell I didn't use the service and let me downgrade at the end. I'm paying an extra $100 for a service I never used! LIVE does come with other features as well - but I don't really want those either. I went ahead and submitted this year, because I didn't want to start over, but am thinking about shopping around more next year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-turbotax-live/00/27312

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

"I don't really want those either. I went ahead and submitted this year, because I didn't want to start over,"

That's exactly what Intuit TurboTax is counting on. It seems to be working for them

@Nate-Kory 

eyebuzz

Yes, agree 100% this is RIDICULOUS. I had no idea there is an extra $100 charge because I started with LIVE - which I wasn't planning to use and didn't use. This comes close to fraud for me - I've used TurboTax for over ten years and knew what the fee were and WHAM this year I'm stuck with an extra $100 - or start over. Sorry to be so blunt but F-U Intuit. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies