turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DonnaU62

Turbo tax tells me to log out and create a new user to file another tax return. I want to file for my husband but I don't want to pay again for turbo tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo tax tells me to log out and create a new user to file another tax return. I want to file for my husband but I don't want to pay again for turbo tax?

Never file more than one return using the same account in TurboTax Online.  Doing so will overwrite the original return you prepared.  You will need to create a separate account (a maximum of 5 accounts can link to one email address) and pay for each return you file using TurboTax Online.  

In the future, it may be a better option for you to purchase the TurboTax CD/Download software, which allows you to file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Never file more than one return using the same account in TurboTax Online.  Doing so will overwrite the original return you prepared.  You will need to create a separate account (a maximum of 5 accounts can link to one email address) and pay for each return you file using TurboTax Online.  

In the future, it may be a better option for you to purchase the TurboTax CD/Download software, which allows you to file up to 5 federal returns at no additional cost.  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288574

DonnaU62

So since I was not aware of how this works, is there anyway to get a refund and then get the CD. I really don't have $300 to pay for a software program to do my taxes

Why are you filing separate returns instead of filing a joint return with your spouse?  Joint is almost always better.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@dtears04 I am not certain a refund will be granted for your particular situation.  You can however speak with one of our telephone support representatives to confirm.  Fill out the form on the following page to connect with the right expert for your specific question or issue.  <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/">https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/</a>
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies