Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jstalter

Which external CD/DVD drive is best to read/use Turbotax with a Mac air?

I want to be able to use Turbotax with my Macbook Air but there is no CD slot.  I would like to buy an external CD/DVD drive but not sure which is best for this purpose.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
ToddL

You don't need to buy a specific external CD/DVD drive to use with the TurboTax CD. Any external CD/DVD drive that is compatible with the MacBook Air should work.

I have a number of MacBooks, and usually shop Amazon for peripherals. 

One example I found quickly was at:  https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-External-Super-Drive-Apple-MacBook/dp/B007FUDKB4.

See the "Compare to Similar Items" section about half-way down the screen. This will show comparable items, with many positive reviews.

benstor

@jstalter wrote:

I want to be able to use Turbotax with my Macbook Air but there is no CD slot.  I would like to buy an external CD/DVD drive but not sure which is best for this purpose.

I also bought myself a regular CD/DVD drive. It works without a hitch and can be purchased at almost any hardware store.

There is really no need for a CD drive at all.    Since Mac updates are a 100% replacement of the software and the first thing that you must do after installing from the CD is to update, just install from a download in the first place.  After the first install the CD is useless.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

If you buy the CD you get access to download the program instead.  How to download Turbo Tax if you can't use the CD

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies