turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Am I eligible for stimulus package check from IRS?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

796 Replies

If you qualify & filed a 2019 or 2018 return (if you are on Social Security or Disability, you don't need to do anything).

Who qualifies for the stimulus payments?

The payments go to almost any adult with a Social Security number, as long as they aren’t dependents of someone else.

Those adults get the payments for the children in their household. Payments start phasing out for those with income above $75,000 in adjusted gross income for individuals, $112,500 for heads of household (often single parents) and $150,000 for married couples. The payments start shrinking above those levels.

For those with no children, the benefit disappears at $99,000 for individuals and $198,000 for married couples.

According to the IRS, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who haven’t filed tax returns for 2018 or 2019 will receive $1,200 stimulus payments based on information contained in their “1099” benefit statements. No additional paperwork is required, per the latest guidance from the IRS. However, for those who haven’t filed 2018 or 2019 tax returns, and who are not Social Security recipients or railroad retirees, a “simple” tax return will be required even if you don’t ordinarily file a tax return. The IRS has yet to specify what is meant by a "simple” tax return.

Will I get the stimulus check if I was claimed as a dependent on my 2018 tax form but am now an independent on my 2019 tax form which I just submitted?

DeanM15
Expert Alumni

Yes, you should get a stimulus payment based on your 2019 federal tax return. The IRS is first looking for the 2019 federal tax return. If it is unavailable, they then look at 2018.

@wesleyyt

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

But I thought they already sent out the stimulus checks? Or will they send new ones based on new 2019 info at a later date?

am im eligible

thanks

moreno

I always owe and pay through my credit card, I do not pay through my bank account. So

will i receive it through my mailing address that i have on turbo tax information?

I filled my 2018 taxes with H&R block but cannot find the form...am I still entitled to the stimulus package

I have filed 2019 returns via turbotax and received my refund too (i have got SSN too). But, I see that my status is showing up as "Payment Status not available" in the IRS link https://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login

Any reason for the same?

I filed my 2018 last year and 2019 on the 29th of March, so the IRS should have my information yet when I go to check the status of my stimulus check it says : 

Payment Status Not Available

According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.

And I dont understand why

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

Go here to - Filers: Get Your Payment

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

That's where I went to several times today and when I put my information in it said that my payment status wasn't available because they apparently didn't have my information, which is complete BS because I did my filing for both years already

I need to check on my taxes  on as is [social security number removed]

I filed separate with my wife as we are no longer together.

Im not a dependent and on my taxes it has the box ticked saying "my spouse can be claimed as a dependent"

Could this effect me? i know for a fact she got her payment but im still yet to get mine?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies