turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

dakajsman1
Returning Member

Where is the search button in turbo tax. I need to find out where I put 1099-T information in turbo tax

Where is search button in turbo tax. I need to put in 1099-T information in return and what I’ve found is to search in turbo tax and find area where there is a jump to 1099T in search. Can’t find search button

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

19 Replies
Leonard
Intuit Alumni

Where is the search button in turbo tax. I need to find out where I put 1099-T information in turbo tax

In TurboTax Deluxe the search button is called FIND and is located in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.

The word FIND is in a blue box.

Enter what you are searching for then click on FIND.

There is no FIND button or blue box in TurboTax 2018. There is no search feature at all by any name in any menu I can find. 

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@paulhart - Are you using TurboTax Online or the CD/Download TurboTax software? In this thread we're talking about the CD/Download software. Find is not on a menu. Here's a screen shot showing the Find button in the CD/Download software.

Find button.png

If you still don't see it, see if the following FAQ helps.

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

findTT.jpgI don't have it either and I downloaded TurboTax Deluxe purchased at Amazon--Amazon's Choice. None of the troubleshooting steps resolving anything. BTW, those steps are badly out of date for Windows 10. I do have a SEARCH feature but no Find.

BarbaraW22
Expert Alumni

The Search button is located on the upper right-hand side of the screen with a magnifying glass next to it. Please see the screenshot provided by "arlenezimmerly." Click on "Search" and a box will open where you can type in what you are looking for.  

If you are trying to enter a 1098-T, you can also follow the steps below:

1. Click on the "Federal Taxes" tab and then click on "Deductions and Credits" at the top of the screen
  2. Click on "I'll choose what I work on"
  3. Scroll down to the "Education" section, click on "Start" to the right of "Expenses and Scholarships (1098-T)" and then answer the questions

@dakajsman1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

@arlenezimmerly wrote:

I do have a SEARCH feature but no Find.

@arlenezimmerly  Search and Find are the same feature. You tagged on to an old thread that was talking about the 2018 TurboTax software. In the 2018 software it was called Find. In the 2019 software they changed it to Search.

mc31201

The search box brings up a help file, does not search Turbotax. I searched Schedule C and the help file accessed through the search box told me to Search Schedule C.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

To enter the self-employment income and expenses for a Schedule C, follow these steps:

1) Once in your return, click Federal (left-hand menu bar)

2) Click Income & Expenses at the top. 

3) Look for Self-employment income and expenses.

• You may have to expand the choices in the Income & Expenses section to get this subsection to appear. 

4) Click Start when you find this section, and follow the guided interview. 

None of these steps are correct for me. I'm using TurboTax Deluxe 2019.

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

In the line that shows your Federal and State refund (owed) follow straight right and you will find "Search".  As for the form you are looking to enter, I assume you mean 1098-T and that is found in the "Deductions & Credits" tab.  Scroll down to education and  click "Show More" to find the "Scholarship and Expenses 1098-T"  area.  

Thank you. I'm not looking for that form. I believe another person was, but your steps are correct for my version of TurboTax. Thank you for the response.

Metatron1

In the upper right hand corner there are 2 arrows pointing to the right on the gray bar....there you go.

billcheal
Returning Member

I agree. there is no Fine on the 2019 turbo tax running under windows 10

billcheal
Returning Member

here is my experience:

With tax return open in Turbo Tax trying to find where estimated tax payments are entered is close to impossible. The only search tool that is available is on the main tool bar. Selecting it opens a non-resizable  search window. Let’s start with this window it is a fixed size that can be moved around the screen but expandable on shrinkable in either dimension. The text within the window can be moved vertically but not enough to fully display the bottom line.

On to search function. I searched on “estimated payments” and it tells me that with my return open to search for the term “estimated tax payments” the select “jump to”. Well this is a circular search because I searched on “estimated payments” to get me there and there is no jump link anywhere on the screen.

I am using TurboTax premier under Windows 10 1909.

I tried to submit this to TurboTax using their "tell us what you think link" only to receive a reply that this site was unavailable, try again latter.

After this experience, I am not sure that I would ever again use Turbotax not recommend it a friend  maybe to an enemy!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies