Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Where is my stimulus

Information about who is getting the stimulus check can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Where is my stimulus

need to change by address to 5610 fox hunt dr  arlington tx 76017

Where is my stimulus

No. Get My Payment will not allow you to change your address. To change your address:

• If you have not filed your 2019 tax return, enter your new address on your return when you file. We update our records when your return is processed. File electronically to ensure your return will be processed more quickly.
  • If you have filed your 2019 tax return and you did not receive a refund via direct deposit, your payment will be mailed to the address we have on file for you. This is generally the address on your most recent return or as updated through the United States Postal Service (USPS).   https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

If you are required to file a tax return, you can go to IRS Free File to file your return electronically.

If you are not required to file, go to our IRS Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info Here application to electronically submit your information to receive the Economic Impact Payment (EIP).

Note: Due to our efforts to protect IRS employees, taxpayers and our stakeholders, extremely limited services are currently available. The IRS is unable to process paper tax returns, respond to paper correspondence or staff toll-free live service lines. Please use all electronic options available to you on IRS.gov or through your tax software provider.

BOBESEE11

Where is my stimulus

This is the most ridiculous excuse for hording money that don't belong to you. I filed with you to get my 1200 hundred dollar check or my 1400 hundred check. After 3 hours of searching for what you did or didn't do.

I found out today after all this time, you didn't follow through; My 1200 check was supposed to be mailed out a couple weeks ago. Now I think I'm gonna have to wait all over again; And as far as my 1400 check I can't find  hide or hair out about that. So how much do you get by messing up peoples money. Meanwhile your sucking money out of the government; and not delivery on anything. 

Where is my stimulus

@BOBESEE11 wrote:

This is the most ridiculous excuse for hording money that don't belong to you. I filed with you to get my 1200 hundred dollar check or my 1400 hundred check. After 3 hours of searching for what you did or didn't do.

I found out today after all this time, you didn't follow through; My 1200 check was supposed to be mailed out a couple weeks ago. Now I think I'm gonna have to wait all over again; And as far as my 1400 check I can't find  hide or hair out about that. So how much do you get by messing up peoples money. Meanwhile your sucking money out of the government; and not delivery on anything. 

The third stimulus payment of $1,400 is not part of the Recovery Rebate Credit on a 2020 federal tax return.  It is totally controlled by the IRS which distributes the payment based on IRS criteria.

Go to this IRS get my payment website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/get-my-payment

The Recovery Rebate Credit for the 1st and 2nd stimulus payments that were not received are included in the 2020 tax return as a tax credit reported on the Form 1040 Line 30.  The credit is included in the federal tax refund or reduces the amount of federal taxes owed.

The IRS controls when and if a federal tax refund is Approved and Issued.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions
If over 21 days since being Accepted by the IRS and the tax refund is still Processing you can call the IRS and speak with an IRS agent concerning your tax refund.
Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Where is my stimulus

I haven't received my stimulus check

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Where is my stimulus

If you didn't receive the third stimulus payment you may be eligible to claim the 2021 Recovery Rebate Credit based on your 2021 tax information. The recovery rebate credit amount is $1,400 for each eligible individual. Only the third economic payment (stimulus) can be claimed on your 2021 return. 

In TurboTax,The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the Federal Review section.

To claim the Credit:

1. Enter all your federal return information as you would normally

2. During the Federal Review, we’ll check if you meet the requirements for the stimulus payment

3. If you meet the requirements, you'll see the Did you get a third stimulus? screen

4. Answer a few questions about any payments you've already received and then we'll let you know if the Recovery Rebate Credit applies

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies