turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null9

Where is a form 3531 to be returned? I have the issued fixed but nothing is said as to where to return

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Where is a form 3531 to be returned? I have the issued fixed but nothing is said as to where to return

Usually Form 3531 has an address in the upper left corner to send the form.   Lacking that address, I'd suggest sending it top the address specified here:-

https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1040

Hope this answers your question.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Usually Form 3531 has an address in the upper left corner to send the form.   Lacking that address, I'd suggest sending it top the address specified here:-

https://www.irs.gov/uac/where-to-file-addresses-for-taxpayers-and-tax-professionals-filing-form-1040

Hope this answers your question.

null9

yes it does thank you.
capnbobl1011
Returning Member

On the back of the Form 3541 at the bottom is the return instructions:

use the return address on the mailing envelope OR refer to IRS.gov and search "where to file".

Capnbobl1011

Allblack1017
Returning Member

Some please help, just got the 3531 form after waiting 6 months, don’t know where to send it back either,

It’s got a received stamped from Kansas City Mo where I originally sent it, but the envelope has an Austin Tx address? Where should I send 

@capnbobl1011 Thanks but this does not help at all. Searching "where to file" on IRS.gov goes nowhere specific to Form 3531

Send it to the address for the 1040 without payment. 

I live in Cincinnati & received form 3531 as I signed on the wrong place.

I've misplaced where to send my year 2022 1040 form back to the IRS.

Would anybody have the address to send back my 1040 form year 2022.

https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies