Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Where do I report income that I have no forms for?

I have no tax forms for income I received. Where do I put this income?
2 Replies
Level 15

Where do I report income that I have no forms for?

What is it from?  Is it self employment freelance income?

Level 15

Where do I report income that I have no forms for?

You are asking from TT Live, for which you pay extra. You can contact a rep, for help.
Live help is available M-F during normal business hours after tax season.


Where you report the income, depends on why you got the income  the income and how often you got/will get it.  It's  usually either self employment income (you will have to upgrade to TurboTax "Self Employed") or "other income".  For more specific advice, please provide more info about the income. 


The IRS considers undocumented cash income (no W-2 or 1099-NEC), for work performed, to be self employment income. You report the income from your own records. Enter at "Business Income & Expenses" and TurboTax (TT) will complete Schedule C for you and allow you to deduct any expenses associated with this income. You'll also have to pay self employment tax (social security & medicare tax) on any profits greater than $432.


For "other income" enter at:

- Federal Taxes tab

  - Wages & Income

 Scroll down to:

   -Misc Income, 1099-A, 1099-C

   - On the next screen, choose – Other reportable income

   -For description  and amount, in the separate boxes. It goes on line 8z of Schedule 1

  It will  not be counted as earned income, if you are otherwise eligible for the Earned Income Credit (EIC)

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies