Solved: Where do I input my spouse's income?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I input my spouse's income?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 15

First make sure you entered them under Personal Info and you are filing a Joint return. And when Turbo Tax says YOU on a Joint return it means either of you.

Does your spouse have W2 income or something else?

To add a  W2 just type w2 (small W)  in the search box at the top of your return and click on Jump To the W2

OR  To Add a W2 enter it under
Federal Taxes Tab
Wages & Income
Choose Jump to Full List -or  I'll choose what I work on
Then Wages and Salaries- Click the Start or Update button

Then if you are married you should have 2 buttons...Add w-2 for (taxpayer name) and Add w-2 for (spouse name). Click on the correct button to add a W-2.

BE SURE TO ENTER A W2 UNDER THE RIGHT PERSON'S NAME!  If you enter one for the wrong person you might get a letter from the IRS and owe more taxes!  So double check it!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 15

First make sure you entered them under Personal Info and you are filing a Joint return. And when Turbo Tax says YOU on a Joint return it means either of you.

Does your spouse have W2 income or something else?

To add a  W2 just type w2 (small W)  in the search box at the top of your return and click on Jump To the W2

OR  To Add a W2 enter it under
Federal Taxes Tab
Wages & Income
Choose Jump to Full List -or  I'll choose what I work on
Then Wages and Salaries- Click the Start or Update button

Then if you are married you should have 2 buttons...Add w-2 for (taxpayer name) and Add w-2 for (spouse name). Click on the correct button to add a W-2.

BE SURE TO ENTER A W2 UNDER THE RIGHT PERSON'S NAME!  If you enter one for the wrong person you might get a letter from the IRS and owe more taxes!  So double check it!

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings