Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do i go on the website to defer my payment to turbotax

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Did you get an email notice that you are about to be auto-debited for your TurboTax fees?  Is the following your situation?

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, and if your Federal refund has been delayed unusually long at the IRS (or if it's been reduced), TurboTax will want to be paid. They likely started sending you emailed bills to pay. If you don't respond by either paying or asking for a deferment, they will ultimately debit your bank account.

You need to phone TurboTax ASAP to ask for a deferment, or they'll debit your bank account.   You need to reach them today (Tuesday) before they actually submit the auto-debit request.    Once they submit it, they say they can't stop it.   You need to phone them today (Tuesday).  

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

The FAQ below has a special phone number you can use in its first paragraph:

FAQ:  Why was my bank account auto-debited for the TurboTax fees?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/charges-and-fees/help/why-was-my-bank-account-auto-debited-for-tur...

If you can't reach Support with that phone number, there may be one in your emailed debit notice.  Or here's an alternate way to reach them:

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

tjgadson

It's against the law actually for any tax "debits" for taxes to be taking place due to the Covit 19 pandemic. All tax debts were extended until July which I'm sure Turbotax is well aware of. I would suggest simply reporting any debits to the IRS, and better business bureau against this company if they dont reach out to you regarding your circumstance.

@ tjgadson 

I'm not sure TurboTax would consider that to be a "tax debt" since it's not being taken for unpaid taxes, but rather a "product purchase debt" for unpaid product fees.  The debt is for a product purchase from a consumer industry, not a tax authority, and is not taken out at the level of or by a tax authority/tax agency. 

In any case, we are mostly fellow users here, and TurboTax folks are the only ones who can handle the situation, and user will need to phone them for assistance with this matter as described in the first paragraph of the first FAQ posted above.  They recently added that first paragraph in response to Coronavirus.  They should be willing to work with any user in this situation if the debit would cause a hardship or overdraft.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies