turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where do I get the 1099G form?

I don’t have my 1099g form?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The Form 1099-G for unemployment or a state tax refund is sent to you by your state usually before the end of January.

View solution in original post

22 Replies

The Form 1099-G for unemployment or a state tax refund is sent to you by your state usually before the end of January.

RhondaShatney50
Returning Member

Id like to file now do i have to wait ?

cant i file my !099 G next year since im still on unemplyment im having taxes taking out of it anyway 

@RhondaShatney50 wrote:

Id like to file now do i have to wait ?

cant i file my !099 G next year since im still on unemplyment im having taxes taking out of it anyway 

If you received unemployment compensation in 2020 then that must be entered on the 2020 tax return.  The form 1099-G from your state for tax year 2020 will have the compensation you received and any taxes withheld from the compensation.

TomK100
Expert Alumni

No, you can't wait until next year (2022l to file your 2020 1099-G form for unemployment.

2020 income must be filed on your 2020 tax return.  The IRS will also receive a copy of your 1099-G, and they will  either reject your return when you try to e-file or they will send you a letter and ask why you didn't include it.

You should receive your 1099-G after 1/31/21.  The IRS will not even begin processing returns until 2/12.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
RhondaShatney50
Returning Member

Okay that makes sense I got my form finally 👍

TroJan10m

I live in the state of Florida and have been waiting since the end of January for my 1099g.  I was on furlough last year for 5-6 weeks and have been back to work since last June.  Why has this state not sent out our 1099g's?

I have tried for days to contact SOMEONE at the state and I get nothing!

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

To request a duplicate 1099-G Form or amended 1099-G Form, please submit your request online at 1099GRequest.myflorida.com.

For additional information on your 1099-G, please see the FL Department of Opportunity, Reemployment Assistance IRS 1099-G Form

Amy Kamps

The state of KY did not send me a 1099G can I simply add the unemployment payments I received from banking statements?

@Amy Kamps wrote:

The state of KY did not send me a 1099G can I simply add the unemployment payments I received from banking statements?

You need the Form 1099-G from the state as the IRS has already received this form and it has to match what you enter on your federal tax return.

Can I get a copy of my 1099 online?
Yes, log into your online UI account starting at kcc.ky.gov. From the welcome screen you can
select the 1099 tab. Follow the instructions to download.

The IRS sent me a letter stating they did not have my 1099g on file & that i needed to send them a picture of the real 1 i recived, not just a print out of 1 from filing.

I uploaded a picture of it onto Turbo Tax when i 1st filed. I have sense moved & lost my 1099g. I need a copy of the picture that I uploaded to Turbo Tax. Is there a way i can get that?

What you did was uploaded the info from that form and not the actual form.   Get another copy from the issuer. 

Its from the IRS for PUA  unemployment, & theyve lost it.

So u see i cannot request a copy of my 1099g from them. & as it turrns out ive lost my orignal also. what can i do?

The 1099-G is issued by the state not the feds ... contact your state for another copy. 

Also no maam, i took a picture of my 1099g & uploaded it to Turbo Taax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies