turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get out of turbotax live and use deluxe. It doesn't have a clear and start over option and will not allow me to leave it...

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

How do I get out of turbotax live and use deluxe. It doesn't have a clear and start over option and will not allow me to leave it...

it worked! thank you 🙂

Great!   You're welcome.    I'll move it to the answer section.   Good luck!

Where are you looking for the "Clear and Start Over?"  It's in a different location for 2017 than it was in 2016.

Try this.   I don't have a way to test it in Live since I use a different version.   This is how to downgrade the other products.

• Once the return is open, in the left menu column click on TAX TOOLS.
  • Once that menu expands there should be a tab for "Clear and Start Over."

If you already paid or already registered, Online TurboTax will not allow "Clear and Start Over".   If that's your situation, we can give you more info on that as well.

Can I get info on how to get out of it?  The second I log in it takes me to live and wants me to upload all of my documents.  I'm high key over this, I picked the wrong option, and I want out. I've literally uploaded NOTHING.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-turbotax-live/00/27312

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@nritonia0412 

If you can't get rid of it with the info in that FAQ, here's how to reach TurboTax Support by phone:

5AM-9PM Pacific, 7 days/week

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

I have already paid and my return was rejected.  I want to go through the whole thing again to check my figures.  How can I get there?

I have already paid, but I've found a mistake that needs correcting.  How can I get back to entering my tax information?

@mlmcdowell2004 wrote:

I have already paid, but I've found a mistake that needs correcting.  How can I get back to entering my tax information?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for fixing a rejected tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return/00/26136

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies